🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 89 — Freedom

Kyle calls in from New York where he’s working and also trying to sell the bunk beds he shares with Tig. They talk to Tig about her experiences at Sundance, working on Lake Bell’s feature film, and some great compliments she got from the Salt Lake City press. They also tackle the unknowable by trying to figure out what Mel Gibson is screaming in Braveheart. That segues into a conversation about the nature of freedom and whether you need to be pushed to your human limits to truly experience it.

Oh my gawd, this is one of my favorite episodes ever! I was looking for quotes to quote, but there is so much podcasting magic I don't know where to start. Anyways, thx for the laughs, guys loved it.

I loved when Aaron's clip once again malfunctioned and interrupted Tig yet again.

Also, about the whole freedom thing-maybe I'm naive about what life is like being a stand-up comic. I just imagine having a great deal of freedom not having to worry about a 9-5 job. Just having the freedom of setting your own schedule, working whenever you feel like it...waking up whenever you damn well please. Surprised nobody mentioned that. I guess I'm unaware of how it works...

No Sascha, no listen.

Just kidding.

Did I get you?

I got you didn't I?

It's all right.

So there's that.

So what I learned this episode was that the most famous comedian in America is too famous now to take her job of Aaron-wrangling seriously.

Boring Text segment is AMAZING. KEEP IT UP.

• Like 1

I agree, Boring Texts is like the New No-No's of PB. Inexplicably hilarious. TRY HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( ;< ;< ;< |:->{P

Tig's passing comment that Swamp Rock and Jazz Note are the same guy really got me thinking, since I love one and dislike the other. I guess Jazz Note is so effective because he has a very specific limited use.

i love this podcast and this one did not disappoint!

but, can we all just agree that no one should eat while hosting a podcast? Twenty-four hours in a day and you choose now to eat?

i'm surprised david doesn't know what a smallpox vaccination scar looks like or why people his age and younger don't have that scar.

• Like 1

I love Back to the Future, but it's always bugged me that Marty's solo during Johnny B. Goode was supposed to be too hip & 80s for the 50s crowd, when really it sucked because he started playing in a completely different key, tempo and style than the rest of the band. It's as bad as if a band playied Happy Birthday, but the guitar player starting arbitrarily playing something else, like the guitar solo from Beat It.

Ignore this, I figured out how to edit my original post (had to switch browsers o my phone, if anyone wondered).

Ooorrr soda mom.

Great episode. I loved the mix of semi-focused topical discussion and more philosophical stuff (and the usual allowance of riffing, obviously).

I'm glad that America's Hottest Comic and co. are doing well enough to be flung to the far corners of the world (or at least the far media capitals of America), but I'm really looking forward to hearing the full crew in the hatch again. I don't know if the wi-fi in the NY apartment is just terrible or what, but they have more problems with Skype (delay and drop-outs) in every episode than I have in a typical year of using it regularly.

Happy birthday, Dan.

What was this episode about? I'm not sure, but I loved it nonetheless. I swear I have real-life friends that I love, but the gang in the hatch feel just like that. I can see them as they talk and I smile knowing that Kyle will chip in some weird thought or that David will not miss a beat with his tag. And I couldn't love Tig any more that I do. What a sincere, sweet bunch of guys (AND gal). I loved that Aaron got wrangled as he was trying to say that the 7-11 drink size that got banned by NYC's nanny-mayor is called the Big Gulp! Perfect.

I love the guest-less (or host-ful) episodes almost as much as I love being the guest myself! Hee hee.

Oh, Punky.

Sign in to follow this