🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 11 — The Battle Continues

We have read all the useful tips on the forums and continue the battle with our new action points! Will Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), Bartho Shett, and Tras & Carn (Mr. Sark) prevail over these collectors or will they suffer another grueling curse of consecutive botches? Be sure to listen to find out! Plus, Sark remembers a precious moment from a past D&D adventure featuring Gerry Duggan, Chris Hardwick, and a goblin avalanche.

I would love to hear a special episode of Gerry rolling up a new character and by love I mean it would be interesting.

• Like 1

If you guys don't take a break between encounters, you add up action points. I believe that everyone should have had 2 action points, because they killed that one dude for his cloak and went right into chasing the other dudes.

Sark, I have to know is your name taken from Tron? Big Tron fan and wasn't sure if this was the origin of your name. Either way love the show! Made me and my friends start up another game after three years of not playing. Thanks for the entertainment.

Is there a joke Blaine Capatch WON'T make? I love how they all just ignore him like a he's a hyper child. You can almost hear Sark thinking "That's nice honey, calm down now Daddy's thinking."

• Like 1

Seems the group would do well to follow Mildred’s lead a bit more often. She appears to be the only one thinking ahead. I think she can get them places, as long as she doesn’t accidently hang herself and Amarth(sp?) doesn’t slice the captive in half.

That said, it is amusing to hear her in the background “Don’t you think we should…” while the guys are hacking people up and stealing their cloths. The disguises they are planning would be so weak I’m starting to think they just like getting dead people naked. I think someone might notice a giant barbarian with two halves of a Klan outfit slapped on his face.

Enjoying the show, keep it up.

• Like 5

I never realized that Sark was the same one from Machinima that's cool. Great episode though, I like how Amarth is wearing a cut in half robe over his head.

I would listen to Gerry and Sark rolling the new character but it would have to be a bonus episode. New Gerry has to make a grand surprise entrance.

Mr. Sark, here's how you resolve your map problem without fucking up the Choctaw's microphones:

Dry Erase Magnetic Easel

and

Customizable Magnets

Throw some Frank Frazetta art on those magnets and BOOM. Hell yeah, I'm fuckin' smart!

Frank-Frazetta-conan-cover.jpg

• Like 2

It's bad enough when rules lawyers ruin live D&D sessions like the Penny Arcade guys at PAX.

And now they are sucking the fun out of this podcast.

It's great that Sark and the gang are learning more 4e rules. But compare the speed and bang for your buck from the first half of the sessions to the last few. Also, they don't sound like they are having as much fun. It sounds like on the job training instead of a hobby.

This is not to criticize Sark and the players. If they want to learn and incorporate more 4e rules into their podcast, I fully support them. But it is their podcast, so can the 4e rules committee dial it back a notch?

Once they start talking about shifting squares and making opportunity attacks, the battle is lost...

#TeamSpiritBear

• Like 3

This show is awesome. I cant believe I have to wait an entire week for the next one. Keep it up.

Awesome episode. It was really fun to hear them mixing some of their skills in at the end and fucking some shit up!

You guys need to make up some power cards so that you don't waste so much time looking up what defense the attack is against, or how much damage it does and stuff. Also makes it easy to figure out what all your powers are so that you can decide which one to use.

Here's a link to a PDF of a full set a guy made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9yigxywq1zc

More Blaine Ads:

"This break is brought to you by Call of Duty Multiplayer: All the awesome realism of war combined with all the sad realism of shooting guns at 13 year olds online."

"This break is brought to you by Applebee's: We have great drink specials so you get drunk enough to enjoy our terrible food."

"This break is brought to you Mountain Dew: The only thing more extreme than Mountain Dew is your extremely low sperm count from drinking it."

• Like 1

You guys need to make up some power cards so that you don't waste so much time looking up what defense the attack is against, or how much damage it does and stuff. Also makes it easy to figure out what all your powers are so that you can decide which one to use.

Here's a link to a PDF of a full set a guy made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9yigxywq1zc

Yeah this would speed things along nicely. I can understand they're getting the hang of 4e, so probably give them a few more episodes and they'll get used to the new rules and things will clip along nicely. It's gonna be like a video game, yeah? You'll suck for the first 20 hours or so before you become a roleplaying bad ass.

Even easier than that, the D&D online compendium comes with a character builder that will automatically put each players' power cards on their character sheet. Saves a bundle of time of having to search through all the cards. Requires a subscription, which kind of sucks.

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/characterbuilder

Is there a joke Blaine Capatch WON'T make? I love how they all just ignore him like a he's a hyper child. You can almost hear Sark thinking "That's nice honey, calm down now Daddy's thinking."

YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL

• Like 1

It's bad enough when rules lawyers ruin live D&D sessions like the Penny Arcade guys at PAX.

And now they are sucking the fun out of this podcast.

It's great that Sark and the gang are learning more 4e rules. But compare the speed and bang for your buck from the first half of the sessions to the last few. Also, they don't sound like they are having as much fun. It sounds like on the job training instead of a hobby.

Totally agree. This show is about a bunch of funny cats playing a game together. Sark has already shown that he's willing to kill the players for doing dumb shit. Let the rules take a back seat.

I love this show and every damn person on it. Don't ever stop. And buy new dice. Yours are broken.

• Like 1

I'm not really following the few people on here acting like Sark and gang were given an ultimatum to learn all the rules or else there'd be a nerd revolution. Sark sounded happy to find out helpful stuff and the players are happy to follow his lead. It also sounded like the stuff suggested helped them not get owned and they enjoyed kicking ass at the end. I'm confident once they get comfortable it will be smooth sailing, just give them a few episodes grace period. Jeez.

• Like 7

I'm not really following the few people on here acting like Sark and gang were given an ultimatum to learn all the rules or else there'd be a nerd revolution. Sark sounded happy to find out helpful stuff and the players are happy to follow his lead. It also sounded like the stuff suggested helped them not get owned and they enjoyed kicking ass at the end. I'm confident once they get comfortable it will be smooth sailing, just give them a few episodes grace period. Jeez.

Sark said it himself, they will take the stuff that they like. Although personally i wish they would just pick an edition they like and play that instead. But if the idea is they want to learn 4e , that's probably the best way to do it

• Like 1