🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 133 — Pouring Soy Sauce On The Parade

It’s rare when we have the chance to have a fascinating chat with a guest who is a tremendous actor and star of one of the greatest sports movies of all time. We are very excited today to have Dennis Christopher of Breaking Away become acquainted with the calming shores of Sklarbro Country. Dennis tells us about why being emancipated set him free to follow his dream of acting, working with Robert Altman, and how he was offered the starring role of Breaking Away after he had already been cast in a different role. He also talks about expressing his ideas on the original look of the Dave Stoller character, the process of working with Quentin Tarantino on Django Unchained, and plays devil’s advocate during a round of Quick Hits. Plus, we call up Jerry Jones to get to the bottom of the Superbowl blackout. You won’t want to miss this incredible episode with one of the most inspirational actors of our time.

sklars..... from sklo cal, what up!? thanks for mentioning the kobe controversy from last week, and for basically acknowledging the defense of kobe's game and character. also, since ive been a fan of yours, you guys havent done any shows around here, so i cant wait (bart scott cant wait) til march 1st in pasedena. im already there my doo! already there. war the sklars chillin with us after the show.

This was such an incredible episode. Dennis Christoper was a great guest even though he talked over you sometimes. The first 8 minutes of this episode are case in point why this is my second favorite podcast (after CBB, sorry Sklars).

Keep doing what you're doing! Really liking Nerd Down and 10 too!

I love the show as normal. I was however really looking forward to hear your run down on the super bowl. Perhaps on the next Sklarbro County?

I completely agree. They probably just felt they were too late to the game. Still would like to hear their two cents.

Dennis Christopher was an incredible guest. He managed to take over the show in a really good way like Jim Burrows or Richard Simmons did when they were on. I realize now how incredibly ridiculous it was to compare those two, but still.

You guys need to get someone to do a Shannon Sharpe impression.

How can you go through a rundown of Deion Sanders' career without mentioning that he struck out against a certain utility player/should be hall of famer?

For shame, Sklar Brothers. For shame......

I love the Sklars and the Country, so I hate to say this, but I really did not enjoy the Dennis Christopher interview. I admittedly am not all that familiar with his work, but I really thought it went way too long, and I had no idea who or what he was talking about for most of it.

No biggie, I'm not going to stop listening, but I prefer the guests with more of a sports background, or who at least are funny.

Eh, it wasn't really my cup of tea, either, but I still enjoyed the takes and the quick hits (crickets?). The guys clearly enjoyed talking to Dennis and I figure it's their show to do as they like. I'm just along for the highly entertaining ride.

Chris Cox as Jerry Jones always makes me happy.

Sign in to follow this