🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 55.5 — Minisode 55.5

Your next viewing assignment will be the gross out event that is Dan Aykrod’s directorial debut, Nothing But Trouble! Paul reads us some of the Corrections & Omissions for The Devil’s Advocate and answers your questions regarding potential movies for the podcast as he opens up the Viewer Mail Bag. Be sure to keep submitting new logos for the show!

Nothing but trouble - I got it some years ago, forced my friends to watch it and they reminded me how bad it was, not dissapointed ! I saw 5-stars after they beat me !!

There are two things I genuinely love about this movie. First is that nobody can describe its genre without a question mark. "It's a comedy?" "It's a Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof?" "It's a prosthetic makeup demo reel?"

Second is the copy on the back of the DVD. Paul, if you have the DVD or can find the text of the copy, please, please read it on the show. It oversells the fun you're going to have watching the movie so hard. I remember it saying that Candy and Aykroyd had "two tasty roles each." Those roles being, in reverse order of tastiness: a cop, a mute fat lady, a million year old man, and a giant greasy baby. Ugh.

When America elects its first stand-up President, he or she will surely institute a blue-ribbon investigative commission so that we might finally get to the bottom of "deal with airline peanuts."

can't forget Digital Underground WITH Tupac AND both Shock G and Humpty Hump. so many actors playing multiple rolls!

Out of all the movies to get the 3D treatment in recent years, how has the "Fast and the Furious" franchise not been done? I don't even LIKE those movies for the most part, but the action sequences in the last couple would at least look pretty incredible, and the target audience for those movies are the kind of people that wouldn't have a problem forking over the extra cash. Of course, the characters in the film would remain completely two-dimensional...

Oh, and what about trying to get the Angry Video Game Nerd guy, James Rolfe, as a guest for some video game-themed movie? "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" is the crown jewel of shitty video game movies, and you guys really need to tackle it.

• Like 4

I'd write something meaningful, but Paul read my comment from last week and my head exploded. I hope to reassemble it in time for Nothing But Trouble, which I have a very vague memory of seeing and not enjoying.

Oh, and what about trying to get the Angry Video Game Nerd guy, James Rolfe, as a guest for some video game-themed movie? "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" is the crown jewel of shitty video game movies, and you guys really need to tackle it.

Man, that would be great, a good fit...I doubt it would happen, though, since James is on the East Coast

Man, that would be great, a good fit...I doubt it would happen, though, since James is on the East Coast

Some of his reviews had been pretty obnoxious, but I've watched more of his videos recently where he WASN'T in character, where he was just shooting the shit with his buddy or talking about games WITHOUT sounding like he was on the verge of a mental breakdown, and he seems like a pretty alright dude to just listen to.

can't forget Digital Underground WITH Tupac AND both Shock G and Humpty Hump. so many actors playing multiple rolls!

Tupac's film debut!

Can we get Eddie Pepitone to recite Al Pacino's monologue about how God is a "prankster" and an "absentee landlord" please? Thanks.

Some of his reviews had been pretty obnoxious, but I've watched more of his videos recently where he WASN'T in character, where he was just shooting the shit with his buddy or talking about games WITHOUT sounding like he was on the verge of a mental breakdown, and he seems like a pretty alright dude to just listen to.

Yup. I like his Monster Madness reviews, which he does in October as a countdown to Halloween. He's a pretty subdued guy in person, kind of shy, but I'm sure he'd warm up to other movie/comedy fans

i watched "Nothing But Trouble" again, after having not seen it for several years. I spent the whole time thinking "this movie hates me." and that, i think, would be the best tagline for this movie:

Nothing But Trouble: The movie that hates you.

• Like 2

I'm really confused about Dan Aykroyd. I mean, the guy fucking wrote The Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters (GHOSTBUSTERS!), but was somehow also able to crap this stream of insane cinematic diarrhea out. I appreciate that there's probably something about his love for the bizarre and weird (which I have) that made Ghostbusters just as possible as this movie, but I just can't help but wonder what he was thinking. Maybe the combined pressure of being a first-time director, having a significant amount of screen time, and what I presume was hours of getting prosthetics and makeup applied proved too much of a distraction?

When America elects its first stand-up President, he or she will surely institute a blue-ribbon investigative commission so that we might finally get to the bottom of "deal with airline peanuts."

We already elected our first stand-up President: Barack Hussein Obama! His whole administration has been a joke!

Now that I think about it, did Chevy Chase make ANY funny movies besides the Vacation series? Nothing But Trouble, Fletch, Cops & Robertsons. Bleh

Now that I think about it, did Chevy Chase make ANY funny movies besides the Vacation series? Nothing But Trouble, Fletch, Cops & Robertsons. Bleh

Three Amigos! Caddyshack!

I think Chevy is at his funniest when he's able to play off of people that are more likable than he is. That's why a lot of his solo outings just don't work.