🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 19 — Dating Philosophy

Sean and Hayes went live for the first time and took a call from Bus Stop the Mystery Executive who gave us some good reveals about Survivor including a Too Hot For CBS moment, Jeff Probst’s pre-show ritual, and a reward challenge gone wrong. Then they take a couple calls to discuss the dating philosophy from the latest episode of The Bachelor, look back on some fascinating characters from The Challenge, and talk about the star studded cast of Hollywood Exes.

This was a great episode. Wasn't able to catch it live, but it didn't hurt the listening experience.

I'm glad you named the mystery guest Bus Stop instead of Bagel because Kumail Nanjiani's cat is named Bagel, and it would have gotten confusing real fast. Everytime you would have addressed him by Bagel I would have thought "Why are they talking to Kumail's cat?" Close call guys.

One of my favorite parts of the recent Challenge: Battle of the Seasons was seeing Wes get kicked off super early. He does provide a lot of the show's drama, but I was getting annoyed how he is constantly the leader of the main alliance. It was awesome to see him booted off by Frank's rookie alliance. I would love to see Frank and Wes be on a team and forced to work together next season.

Yesss super excited to hear you guys are going to do more of these live shows. I definitely have to call in with Skype next time or something, I had no idea my phone was so laggy and shitty.

Anyway, I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I think I might have figured out who the mystery guest was. Was it Rapper Bustop Rhymes?

• Like 5

I'm listening to this and calling in, but it seems like I can't get through? There must be a lot of callers! I've also paused multiple times to eat lunch and run some errands and you guys are still going strong when I come back. is this going to be a 3 hour long show show?

Loving the live format if so!

• Like 4

I couldn't get through, so I suppose I should ask you guys my question here. I wanted to see what new shows starting up you'll be watching and discussing. You don't talk about The Biggest Loser, American Idol, Project Runway, or The Bad Girls Club. All-Star Celebrity Apprentice just started, Fashion Star begins soon. Obviously you'll discuss The Voice and The Real World. Umm, yeah, so I guess I want to know if you're planning on discussing The Apprentice or Fashion Star? Do I need to be watching those shows?

• Like 2

Thanks for calling in, guys. We're excited to keep doing this thing. Do people generally like the new format? Any complaints/suggestions?

Valerie, I have no plans to watch Fashion Star, but I have seen a lot of Project Runway. I didn't like the team format they tried out this round, so I kinda just skimmed it and no strong discussion points really emerged for me. I'll definitely check in with Apprentice and see if it grabs me (the quality of that show seems to really vary from season to season) but the mainstays are gonna be Real World, Amazing Race, Voice, and Survivor to start. Hopefully another gem like King of The Nerds comes along. That's the best new show this year, hands down. I'm sure Hayes and I will find some other random stuff to cover sporadically and callers are already alerting us to shows we're missing out on. Call again this week and tell us what you think we should see.

Sorry there were no jokes in this post. Saving it all for the studio

• Like 2

I truly believe we're not going to be able to listen to this show long because these guys are going to get scooped up by someone. The lengths they go to and the depths of the jokes are amazing. The story about JACK & JILL killed me.

(I said that, while listening, and then just blew potatoes all over my desk with the WILL SMITH thing).

Damn fine 'sode, Sean. I keep thinking about how the alias of the executive is Bus Stop and crack up all over again. Also, I think you guys need to talk about how Mr. Wonderful is a total garbage human being.

Immediately after I hung up I was worried that I did a terrible job calling in, but after listening to it around 10 times I think I did mostly okay! I probably could have made my thoughts on the Challenge a little clearer, but I was super nervous.

The non-me related parts were as excellent as they always are. I loved the call with Bus Stop, and I love the longer episodes. I'm glad you're gonna do more like this!

Immediately after I hung up I was worried that I did a terrible job calling in, but after listening to it around 10 times I think I did mostly okay! I probably could have made my thoughts on the Challenge a little clearer, but I was super nervous.

The non-me related parts were as excellent as they always are. I loved the call with Bus Stop, and I love the longer episodes. I'm glad you're gonna do more like this!

Alright, Hunter, we get it. You got on the show! Congrats! Now how about you show some consideration for those of us that have been waiting on the line for hours, hoping for a chance to get through. This hold music has become my life's soundtrack at this point. You got to be one out of thousands that made it through, no need to rub our damn faces in it.

• Like 2

I guess I'm on the fence about the new format. The phone calls were kinda awkward but I think it might just have been mainly because there seemed to be some kind of delay during them. It was a good episode though, looking forward to hearing another live one.

hayesandseanshamrockshake.jpg

Found this gem today. Hayes and Sean shooting they're 'shamrock shake' commercial.

Thanks guys and No thanks... as well. tanks. no tanks. because you made an internet sensation that became annoying.

• Like 5

I have nothing to add that is interesting, constructive, or relevant. I just like the show and felt like saying so. Thanks for the laughs and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

I guess I'm on the fence about the new format. The phone calls were kinda awkward but I think it might just have been mainly because there seemed to be some kind of delay during them.

Sean and I have been sitting together trying to come to grips with this comment for...wow, almost two days now. Time moves a little faster when you haven't slept.

I guess we should have known we'd get criticism like this when we signed up for a podcast. The Internet is a cold place, they told us. People put things on a message board they'd never say to a human face. Maybe we just didn't want to believe anybody could be so cruel.

But as much as we considered giving everything up in the face of this comment, we've decided to go ahead with another live show this Saturday. It's at 11 Pacific/2 Eastern again. Listen at earwolf.com/radio, call in at 347-514-WOLF. Call about reality shows or whatever else. To be honest, we could use a little cheering up. And to Erika Thompson...we're sorry you feel that way.

• Like 6

Alright, Hunter, we get it. You got on the show! Congrats! Now how about you show some consideration for those of us that have been waiting on the line for hours, hoping for a chance to get through. This hold music has become my life's soundtrack at this point. You got to be one out of thousands that made it through, no need to rub our damn faces in it.

Jerkface, I'm sorry. I see now it was I who was truly being the Jerkface.

I will now take a 100 year vow of silence. Go be a monk or something, I guess.

• Like 1

Okay I feel a little silly now, but I'm looking forward to the next episode.

By the way, I don't know if you guys have seen this already but a girl from the early seasons of Jersey Shore made a kickstarter for her own reality show called "The Comeback". It ends on Sunday! I know you guys have kinda avoided talking about JS but this is awful.

• Like 3

Holy crap that is the saddest Kickstarter I have ever seen. Thank you so much for posting it. :)

It's not even a KS to fund the show itself, but to fund the proposal to the network! It's bumming me out big time that there are four people who would spend $100 on this. But I am cheered up by the fact that the KS ends in two days and she hasn't even funded half of it yet. :D

I liked the live format a lot, although some of the audio quality from the phones were kind of unpleasant. I think my favorite part of the show actually came from the caller who brought up that TEC vest guy from Shark Tank and the bit about him just grabbing a chair and sitting down with them. I looked the guy up to see how he responded to being on the show and he starts with "I know some people think I came off as arrogant..." but by the end he's going off about how they weren't willing to deal with one of their equals! So I guess he really does have some delusions of sharkdeur.

I also found out that to appear on Shark Tank you have to give 5% of your business to ABC, so that Copa Di Vino guy has given away 10% of his business and still hasn't made a deal!

I also found out that to appear on Shark Tank you have to give 5% of your business to ABC, so that Copa Di Vino guy has given away 10% of his business and still hasn't made a deal!

I'm checking with a source, but I think it's one percent. I know Wikipedia says five. Also I got some Copa di Vino as a wedding party favor this weekend. Okay, bye!

Oh nice, did the Dura-tents do a pretty good job keeping flies off of the buffet? I'm assuming this was some sort of Tank themed wedding.

Sign in to follow this