🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 137 — Away Game

The Sklar’s leave the studio to visit Jesse Thorn but bring the calming shores with them on today’s edition of Sklarbro Country! They talk about Dennis Rodman’s recent trip to North Korea, a wild night out for the Milwaukee Brewer’s Sausage, and a 22 year old man going back to high school to play some hoop. They talk to Jesse about his childhood in San Francisco and his sports fandom, his love of Bill James, his parent’s checkered pasts, and his philosophy behind broadcasting. Also discussed are Jesse’s favorite interviews, the Maximum Fun boat cruise, and Ian Mackaye’s deep knowledge of Bounce. The guys then get deep and talk about the future potential of podcasting. And at the end Hesse regales us with his popular Fantasy segment- This week: fantasy podcasters. Fans of the genre, you don't want to miss this.

Great episode, love me some Jesse Thorn, though coulda used some Jesse Thorne.

• Like 2

Guy Fieri: Food Mouthbreather

Good lord, I had to pause it so I could continue laughing without missing more show.

I don't know if it was an intentional nod to America's Hottest Comic or not, but Jason (ooorrr Randy) had a classic Tig-style "this guy (ooorrr girl)" in the opening take.

The past couple of episodes remind me why I fell in love with this podcast during the first few episodes. On the one hand, I love all of your guests and how they interact with you. On the other hand, when you guys do Takes by yourselves, it's that classic, hilarious writing and delivery that actually makes me laugh out loud. Let the guests sit in for Quick Hits, but keep the Takes in the family.

• Like 1

This was a terrific episode. Jesse Thorn is a delight in everything he does.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this