🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 138 — Outer DB

Get excited because A-List actress Elizabeth Banks and Max Handleman come to the calming shores on today’s Sklarbro Country! The guys start by discussing some examples of poor judgment including; Yankees Gm Brian Cashman testing his luck by going skydiving twice in the same day, a pitcher hurting his hand throwing his gum away, and Doug Melvin trying to have it both ways with a scorpion. Then Elizabeth Banks talks about her incredible career. She chats about the Hunger Games, working on Invincible, and how she predicted Greg Oden’s lackluster career. Max talks about Penn versus Michigan sports, his book on fantasy football, and whether fantasy fandom undermines hometown sports fandom. Then its time for quick hits. They cover the finances of former Sonics Center Robert Swift, Lamar Odom sleeping through a custody hearing, and Max and Elizabeth having their anniversary dinner next to Kim and Kanye. Then Bryant Gumbel calls in and talks about his new show, Catfishing Greg Gumbel.

Elizabeth Banks's r-word stance just made me a bigger Elizabeth Banks fan. Going to go throw some baskets to celebrate how great this episode was.

• Like 2

I have often called the police to report groups of, I don't, six....eight...people? Perhaps he was calling the police on Chumbawamba and just couldn't be sure how many people were still actually members of the band and how many were just...just awful.

Fun show, the dual guests was a nice change of pace. The "second jump" concept should have (non-broken) legs. Gumbel is my favorite character, but it's just not the same without his catchphrase.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the SKLAR brothers!

Hearing him whisper that made my day.

Sign in to follow this