🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 58.5 - Minisode 58.5

Spice up your life with a film that Paul watched on his birthday when it came out in

. Paul apologizes to Romania as he reads some of the many Corrections & Omissions for In The Name of The King, makes himself more meme-able, and explains why he doesn’t pick on The Rock while answering some of YOUR questions. Check out Burning Love Season 2, grab yourself a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker, and keep submitting new logos for the show!

On The Line, From Justin to Kelly, Spice World.... we're hitting up all the greats. Crossroads can't be too far behind.

• Like 4

Meat Loaf!

Random trivia. Richard E. Grant was born in Swaziland.

On The Line, From Justin to Kelly, Spice World.... we're hitting up all the greats. Crossroads can't be too far behind.

Yep. Late nineties era shit-flicks are some of my favorites.

-"CAN THEY ACT?"

-yeah, you know, "blah blah blah, girl power, feminism."

I use fractions everyday. When I see a 60% off sale I know that I can just multiply the original price by 4 and then divide by 10 to get the sale price. (10/10 - 6/10 = 4/10)

When I need to make a recipe for my wife and myself that was orignally designed for six peolpe I can just divide the quantity of all the ingredients by three.

Higher order polynomial fractions are important to learn if you're going to do calculus or differential equations (and probably beyond) as they help introduce the idea that polynomials can be pulled apart and simplified.

Funny that you can't go two sentences after deriding fractions without using one: 1%=1/100. ;)

• Like 1

I use fractions everyday. When I see a 60% off sale I know that I can just multiply the original price by 4 and then divide by 10 to get the sale price. (10/10 - 6/10 = 4/10)

When I need to make a recipe for my wife

My wife!

and myself that was orignally designed for six peolpe I can just divide the quantity of all the ingredients by three.

Higher order polynomial fractions are important to learn if you're going to do calculus or differential equations (and probably beyond) as they help introduce the idea that polynomials can be pulled apart and simplified.

• Like 1

I don't use fractions, but my friends who partake in recreational drugs have found knowledge of the metric system invaluable.

• Like 2

Ah, Spice World. I caught ten minutes of this on TV once and screamed, "Why, Alan Cumming, why??????????"

No shit, this is one of my all time favorite movies. Its fucking hilarious. Just watch it and go bananas. It makes zero sense. Absolute zero. But these girls are trying their hardest. Its a movie about a fake documentary/tour/alien abduction.

• Like 2

I hope they talk a little about the 4-minute Gary Glitter cameo that was cut at the last minute due to him being arrested for sexual offenses.

• Like 1

You think fractions are pointless to teach in schools what about teaching kids how to write in script that is the most useless skill ever.

• Like 1

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2378-1363882756-30.giftumblr_mj6n4a9clu1qk72exo2_400.gif

WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I am just beside myself with happiness over the recent film choices. I have seen Spice World upwards of a billion times. Dream come true.

• Like 3

Incidentally, Retta was my guess for the guest.

Spice World might be the only movie I've ever gone to see in a theater ironically. If it were on Netflix Instant, I would absolutely watch it again.

• Like 1

not so unmemebable now, are we Mr. Scheer? and on the topic of the next film you guys are doing, looks like i'll be eating more shit right along with you. but can we get some sauce for it? i think they had sauce in 'nam. not 100% sure about that, but who uses fractions, anyways?

As someone who has seen all the 1997 Razzie Worst Picture Nominees (Spice World, Godzilla, Armageddon, The Avengers, and Burn Hollywood Burn), I can safely say that this is the one film on that list I consider perfect throughout, just for the insanity and the song numbers.

I was seven when this movie came out and was completely obsessed with it, I practically had it memorized. At seven, it didn't bother me that it was completely bananas, but the creepy guy with the camera that stalks them throughout the movie terrified me.

I love this movie and can't wait to watch it again. While they don't listen to the podcast, I've been corralling and group of friends to watch the movies with me and it grows with every week. I'm going to join in with saying it sounds like Retta will be the guest, which is sure to be amazing.

References to Princess Diana and Gianni Versace had to be edited out of this one since they both died when the film was in post production. Also, Gary Glitter had to be cut out of the movie after the whole fucking kids fiasco began to emerge.

Anyone else feel like the universe was trying to tell us all something about releasing this film?

• Like 1

I think that was the universe warning them to release it before their careers died. I can't remember for sure but I think they made it in just under the wire.

Sign in to follow this