🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 20 — Burst Through and Kill

The one-armed knight Sir Richard (Gerry Duggan) and co-prisoner Jayph (Mr. Sark) have joined Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), Bartho Shett (Ken Daly), Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), and Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) on their water quest. Now our heroes will burst into the control room of the ship where they found their new allies. Tune in to find out what lies ahead for them! Be sure to keep helping us with getting Vin Diesel to play D&D with us!

• Like 1

Amarth should really get one of those alignment penalties I hear so much about.

• Like 6

I just can't see how a semi-retarded goliath, raised from birth by terrorist vikings to be a bloodthirsty killing machine, turned out "good".

Spooky example of women's intuition by Sarah on that botch roll. Good thing Sark forgot the dice box.

• Like 4

Maybe Amarth was raised "Good" and identifies as "Good," but just never practices any of the formal traditions of being "Good," such as not killing people at the earliest opportunity. Kind of like a lapsed Catholic.

• Like 6

Spooky example of women's intuition by Sarah on that botch roll. Good thing Sark forgot the dice box.

I would have missed her most of all.

• Like 1

Maybe Amarth was raised "Good" and identifies as "Good," but just never practices any of the formal traditions of being "Good," such as not killing people at the earliest opportunity. Kind of like a lapsed Catholic.

This is genius.

I feel like Amarth has to be true to who he is... but there should be consequences, and Sark did a great job creating a pretty intense one: blood bubble. I was surprised Mildred didn't take sides with Sir Richard in an attempt to at least give the lady-cargo a chance at survival.

This podcast is a bright spot in my week! Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey Sark, since the PC's are getting advantages from the rules, leveling up etc.., why isn't Amarth being penalized for his gross alignment violations? killing the girl at the beginning, now killing a captive who's back is turned? And his killing of the man at the controls also doomed everyone else alive on the ship awake or not. Shit man he's about as chaotic evil as they come at this point. Fuck that guy.

• Like 1

As a broke commuter, I am stuck walking for long distances and taking really long bus rides to work every day. Every Wednesday, however, I at least can be seen either giggling to myself or grinning like an idiot, while I listen to you guys on my phone. Just wanted to say thanks for the hilariousness... I'm sure I've worried some people on the bus with my chuckling.

OH and all the "Shout at Starbucks" comments that have been made in the past is especially hilarious (since I am usually waiting for my shift at the dreaded starbucks to start while I listen as well). One day I will have the courage to shout "I came in the Frappuchinos!"

• Like 3

Hey Sark, since the PC's are getting advantages from the rules, leveling up etc.., why isn't Amarth being penalized for his gross alignment violations? killing the girl at the beginning, now killing a captive who's back is turned? And his killing of the man at the controls also doomed everyone else alive on the ship awake or not. Shit man he's about as chaotic evil as they come at this point. Fuck that guy.

Haha I've been wrestling with this post-blood bubbling of the sub. He did get docked some XP at level-up time for his sins but I'm still trying to figure out if Brian is the greatest role-player of all-time and is nailing the nuances of:

-an inactive Good, Catholic-style (as Steve mentioned above)

-schizophrenia

-a Sling Blade-esque simpleton

-a man demonically possessed (that he never told me about)

...OR if Amarth/Brian has a rotten core and is a ticking time bomb of muscle and murder and comedy.

• Like 5

Awesome episode. I would love to hear Sir Richard do a recap from his perspective.

"I'd severely wounded the five armed guard and let the interlopers finish them off"

...let’s just my Charisma’s nickname is 'Matchbox' - Blackie Green - Ha!

That was a dick move on Amarth’s part, pure and simple. He only wanted to kill the guy once he saw someone was going to make a point of saving him. That, to me, should indicate his nature. Then even when he lost the initial roll, he went ahead with it just to prove a point. Pure ass-holery. I LOVED IT. Great for the show and great for game play. I love playing with a wild card in the group, as long it’s not a kid who just doesn’t know any better and gets everyone in trouble with ass-hole moves, because it adds a danger level to the game. Sir Richard will only be a really interesting character if he’s tested to be virtuous by things like this.

Kudos on the 1st half of this episode....((I'm only 1/2 way through))

11zk2.gif

In my mind that's Mildred holding Blackie afterwards

Gerry - "I'm running away with the circus."

• Like 1

I just can't see how a semi-retarded goliath, raised from birth by terrorist vikings to be a bloodthirsty killing machine, turned out "good".

He did say he wanted to put the guy out of his misery. So maybe to Amarth's people a pitiful creature crying like a bitch needs to be dispatched to meet his God before he shames himself out of his seat at the table in the Heavenly Mead Hall where stories of epic battles are traded between fellow warriors. The initial act itself was then in fact good. Being denied that just flared his temper.

• Like 3

I hear "Burst Through and Kill" is the name of the next James Bond movie.

Where are my other 12 hours!!??

• Like 1

Clancy you're being an Amarth Apologist!

You are correct sir! I'm busted. :-)

In all seriousness though...I agree these are not the acts of a good alignment, but it sure is entertaining! I can't even call them the acts an enraged barbarian since he seems to shout his catch phrase battle cry with child-like glee, "Fuck Yeah!".

Where is that version of "Of Mice and Men"...Lennie strokes her hair, but as she realizes his Goliath strength begins to scream. Lennie quickly and calmly snaps the woman's soft neck, leans back his head and cries, "Fuck Yeah!". Lennie now stands before the lynch mob. Roll for initiative.

• Like 6

Traveling straight down from the ship for 9-12 hours at 110 mph

9hr. = 5,227,200 feet

12hr = 6,969,600 feet

+ whatever distance they traveled to the transport ship

Eating rations must be interesting in 2,266,069-3,021,425 psi (Yay for converters) super compressed rations reach the mouth of the golem and decompress spraying them in the face with food.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this