🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 61.5 — Minisode 61.5

It’s finally here! Vote and suggest which movies for Paul, Jason, and June to review at http://fyi.earwolf.com! Now for your next viewing assignment we’ll take a look at the gospel filled musical Joyful Noise starring Dolly Parton & Queen Latifah. Also, Paul goes through a couple of the Corrections & Omissions for Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot all the way from London. Remember to grab yourself a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker, check out The ArSheerio Paul Show on the Jash Network, and catch June on season 3 of Burning Love!

I know Paul said he was drunk when doing the corrections and omissions, but just to clarify, the animated gif was of Sylvester in the ass up prone position, not JoBeth Williams doing yoga.

hdtgm.gif

The background screengrab was snapped and posted by ZARATHUSTRA. As with all of the great creativity on these message boards, it was a group effort! We're all inspired by each other's posts, jokes and observations.

• Like 3

If I were JBW I think I'd be terribly insulted that Paul couldn't tell the difference between her ass and Stallone's ass.

MV5BMTkwOTk2Mjg2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIyMDUwNA@@._V1._SX640_SY432_.jpg

Good news, if you have HBO Go, Joyful Noise is available to watch via that service.

well if joyful noise is the next episode of game of thrones pls do not spoil it for me im still catching up

well if joyful noise is the next episode of game of thrones pls do not spoil it for me im still catching up

I don't know if you're an old enough kitty to be watching Game of Thrones. That show is meant for older cats.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the new FYI page locks up my browser/computer so i won't be participating but its a good idea - although there will be no 'birdemics' or 'sleepaway camps' but mostly big budget Sci-fi type movies.

WHY, WHY, WHY is On Deadly Ground not on that list!? Steven Seagal fights a river! What else is it going to take?

Unfortunately, the new FYI page locks up my browser/computer so i won't be participating but its a good idea - although there will be no 'birdemics' or 'sleepaway camps' but mostly big budget Sci-fi type movies.

Sorry the site isn't working for you, but your second statement is very untrue! The #straighttodvd tag will probably get it's very own poll one day and the next "the room" will get it's chance in the HDTGM sun.

WHY, WHY, WHY is On Deadly Ground not on that list!? Steven Seagal fights a river! What else is it going to take?

If it's been recommended, it will get a chance in the poll eventually. Then you can campaign for On Deadly Ground all you wish.

Good news, if you have HBO Go, Joyful Noise is available to watch via that service.

Cool, thanks. I kind of doubt I'll get around to it, but it's nice to know it's an option.

Unfortunately, the new FYI page locks up my browser/computer.

Shariq and Gabe may be able to resolve this problem if they know what browser/operating system you are using.

I don't know if you're an old enough kitty to be watching Game of Thrones. That show is meant for older cats.

Game of thrones target audience:

Old Cat.jpg

• Like 1

Did anyone else find it deeply unsettling when Paul enthusiastically said "Take it away, Future Paul!" and it goes to a drunk and raspy voiced man who mixes up JBDubs and Stallone?

Also, for Joyful Noise, calling it now:

www_zps794fd631.png

• Like 2

If you haven't recorded this episode yet, you must talk about Dolly's form-fitting choir robe. While all others are loose and flowing, hers shows off literally every curve. Amazing.

Shariq and Gabe may be able to resolve this problem if they know what browser/operating system you are using.

I'm using Opera (latest) on Windows 7 and I suppose I've been too lazy to try it using Chrome - I just know that the FYI page = angry browser crashing lock-up on my stupid computer :(

*Oh.. I should mention it's when I go to 'recommendations'. It's almost like it trying to load a super-long long single page. In the Chrome browser it will eventually load as a 'page 1'.

But Opera gets angry and refuses to play.

Then you can campaign for On Deadly Ground all you wish.

Oh I will campaign, and it will be shameless.

Joyful Noise is probably the first HDTGM movie that I'm actually a little afraid to watch. Dolly looks like the aunt of the puppet from the Saw movies.

• Like 1

Joyful Noise is probably the first HDTGM movie that I'm actually a little afraid to watch. Dolly looks like the aunt of the puppet from the Saw movies.

Her name was Madame.

If you haven't recorded this episode yet, you must talk about Dolly's form-fitting choir robe. While all others are loose and flowing, hers shows off literally every curve. Amazing.

This was my first Jason Mantzoukas-style "jesus christ this movie is going to be terrible" moment for me. Unfortunately, it was about 14 seconds in.

This was my first Jason Mantzoukas-style "jesus christ this movie is going to be terrible" moment for me. Unfortunately, it was about 14 seconds in.

If your whole career is partially based off of those plastic wonders, then you had better show them. When she has unleashed her mortal coil, I hope her breasts have their own separate tombstone next to her.

• Like 2

This is a movie in which a character knows how to play "Walk Away, Renee" by the Left Banke (or the version done by The Four Tops) on the motherfucking piano, but doesn't know what Sly and the Family Stone is. It might be a comparatively minor detail, but it's just an example of how this movie is willing to tell both it's audience and logic to go fuck themselves. It is not concerned with such minor issues such as making sense or being enjoyed.

Holy Shit, I did not expect this movie to be that certifiably crazy.

I just really need to say that this movie's treatment of death is so blazé that I had to stop the movie at the 2nd death to get my thoughts together on what was happening.

But really, this movie is why I love the podcast. This movie has no Razzie nods and isn't famously bad, but feels like a gem to me in how horrible it is. I mean, this movie has a child's choir as an antagonist at one point and an Asian who is a redneck. Why do those happen. I am excited for this episode!