🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 38 - Please Don’t Grab a Ukulele

The best tweeter in the business, Julieanne Smolinski, comes on and talks about being great at the Internet on today’s The Fogelnest Files! They discuss her growing up in Cleveland and wanting to be every person in “The Breakfast Club”, then Jake takes her through some epic clips including; the amazingness that was the Sports Illustrated Football Phone, New Wave legends “Sparks” on SNL, and punk band The Germs being VERY rude. Be sure to leave a review for “Behind The Candelabra” in the comments section of The Fogelnest Files on iTunes. And it better be a good one, because that movie was GREAT.

Another great episode, Jake.

In regards to the football phone, I always wanted the Mickey Mouse phone, where he held the receiver. My neighbor had one of those phones shaped like a pair of lips... hot.

Oh, someone should upload the photos (if there are any) of Julieanne and take down the ones of Gary the Squirrel.

Looks like SOMEONE DIDN'T GET THE MEMO!

Until next ep!

Give it up for Shaker Heights. I was born there but we moved when I was a tiny baby. Also, I turned down a writing job for National Lampoon in early 2005. Weird coincidences.

Wow, I absolutely love Sparks and had no idea they had ever been on SNL. Such an amazing clip...

I would feel remiss not to call attention to Paul McCartney's turn as Ron Mael (among many others) for his "Coming Up" music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBkySeyiDo

The Toni Basil song feels like the new-wave equivalent to the Kingsmen's follow-up hit to "Louie Louie."

"The Jolly Green Giant"

I'm with Mr. Fogelnest on the whole "GIF" pronunciation thing. If the inventor of the Graphics Interchange Format wanted the acronym "gif" pronounced like a certain brand of peanut butter, he should have spelled it with a "J."

• Like 2