🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 33 — To Hide or Not To Hide

The gang has finally reunited and made their way onto the mother ship of the Collectors. They now face a choice to either hide before grabbing intel or going guns blazing. This spectacular episode also features Dungeon Master Mr. Sark as Sir Richard and a special appearance by The Fonz! Ayyy!

As always just another wonderful episode. I can't wait to see how much crap goes down next week though.

The nuzzling kind of reminded me of when the guard licks Sarah Connor's face.

douglas-terminator-2-20080908051825523_640w.jpg

Also Rules Stuff: I really like how certain actions are resolved either just by telling our DM what you want to do and it happens, or a simple dice roll. With 4th there's certain things I feel like I should be able to accomplish without it being this big long drawn out thing, but every battle drags on forever even if you're fighting normal humans. With the Nerd Poker crew the game moves along quicker. Good job, Mr. Sark.

• Like 2

It's great that Sark was so freaked out about that. Although in my head it wasn't creepy. It reminded of an episode of Dexter, sorry no image to post, where he calms this girl down--Julia Stiles--by cupping his hands over her hands and being right in front of her face.

She's trying to block the world out and essentially rocking back and forth and because she trusts him, or at least knows he wants to kill the guys who hurt her, it somehow pacifies her and she's able to relax.

I feel like at some point, Sark is going to have to reveal more of the story. Even the players in this last episode have said they feel like they don't have many options. I think they have more than they realize, but they have very limited information to go on and they know that Sark has no problem wiping them all out.

Huge fan of the show, maybe they'll be able to get some info out of the female captor they have. Also, does anyone else get the sense that Stargoyle would turn into some sort of amazing rampaging demon if they ever used him in a battle? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think he could go from cute pet to hellhound/demon really quickly.

• Like 1

Somehow, I just don't believe it when Brian recommends Dan Brown's Inferno.

Brown's a real fartist.

I feel like at some point, Sark is going to have to reveal more of the story. Even the players in this last episode have said they feel like they don't have many options. I think they have more than they realize, but they have very limited information to go on and they know that Sark has no problem wiping them all out.

Agreed. The campaign so far has been a “learn what’s happening as you go” so maybe that’s how this group likes things but it sounded like there was real frustration being expressed this episode. They seemed frustrated about not knowing exactly what they’re facing, the numbers and firepower, or what their actual objective even is.

I cracked up at the general loathing they all had about getting into another one of those elevator scenarios.

When I saw last week's episode title I immediately thought of the song "(You're the) Devil in Disguise" by Elvis. Thought I'd submit my version:

"(You're) Sir Richard In Disguise"
You look like a collector

Walk like a collector

Talk like a collector

But I got wise

You're Sir Richard in disguise

Oh yes you are

Sir Richard in disguise

You fooled me with your outfit

Your bandages and your cloak

But then you blew off my face
And I knew you weren’t a joke

Walk like a collector

Talk like a collector

But I got wise

Oh yes you are

Sir Richard in disguise

I thought that I was a badass

But I was taken by your charm

Heaven help me, I didn't see

The glowing of your arm

Walk like a collector

Talk like a collector

But I got wise

Oh yes you are

Sir Richard in disguise

Oh yes you are

Sir Richard in disguise

Oh yes you are

Sir Richard in disguise

• Like 2

I can't get enough of the Dice Tray! ...but Dice Tray...

3v5fnp.jpg

• Like 1

I have spent the last 3 days listening from start up til this episode and i cant count how many looks i have recieved at work while seizuring from laughter. You have inspired me to get back into DnD and am curious as to which edition i should go. I have heard you guys talk about 2nd being the best choice out of them so i think ill start there but input is always good.

Also a quick side note, i dont think you guys ever received any experience from your triumphant victory over the douche Lord Noral. Another quick note is that when you guys went through all your gear checks after searching the lockers you guys lost sight of the Dragon Condom armor skin suit.

Bryan this is directly for you. I just recently watched your latest comedy special The Fartist and i would like to inform you that while watching i started laughing so hard that it indeed forced a massive fart out. Unfortunately it also forced out a shart with said fart. Yes your comedy special made me laugh so hard i shit my pants.

Rock on guys keep it up i look forward with much eagerness to every episode you release and i will be making a generous donation here very soon to ensure the continuation of this awesome adventure.

- Sean Aka Derangedicon!!!

I wonder if Sark was giving them the origin information via Stargoyle so that they wouldn't sit on this massive ship for its return journey. They could just fly to the point on the map themselves, or jump to it. I'd be nervous too though. There's no telling how much resistance they'll face in the hub of Collector activity.

I can't get enough of the Dice Tray! ...but Dice Tray...

3v5fnp.jpg

This makes me happy. I only learned "Little Miss Muffet" the Dice way, because my dad is the best and the worst.

I think this episode was hurting from a lack of Sir Richard. Jerry isn't nearly as timid as the rest of the crew about taking risks.

• Like 3

This show has inspired more and more people I know to take up playing one game or the other. I'm playing a Pathfinder game right now, and there's totally a town called New Glinnishmore.

I have spent the last 3 days listening from start up til this episode and i cant count how many looks i have recieved at work while seizuring from laughter. You have inspired me to get back into DnD and am curious as to which edition i should go. I have heard you guys talk about 2nd being the best choice out of them so i think ill start there but input is always good.

there was a whole thread dedicated to this to keep it organized, of course that thread died but here it is http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/11004-dungeons-dragons-editions-you/

Hilarious how they basically found themselves in the same situation at the start of the adventure here.