🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 203 — NPR

Andrew Ti and this week’s special guest Kurt Braunohler finish off the week by discussing a story on NPR that could have came across as patronizing to the black youth of South Side, Chicago. As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

Any way you guys could loop that outro music?

This is one of those calls where I think the caller is trying too hard to be down and is failing. Listeners of NPR aren't all white and upperclass. I would venture that all of the people of color I know listen to This American Life. Am I less black because I listen to NPR and found that Harper High School piece informative, poignant, and heartbreaking?

I should ask Andrew if people assuming that people of of color don't like NPR, craft beer, and independent films is racist. Oh wait, I don't even have to ask.

This is one of those calls where I think the caller is trying too hard to be down and is failing. Listeners of NPR aren't all white and upperclass. I would venture that all of the people of color I know listen to This American Life. Am I less black because I listen to NPR and found that Harper High School piece informative, poignant, and heartbreaking?

I should ask Andrew if people assuming that people of of color don't like NPR, craft beer, and independent films is racist. Oh wait, I don't even have to ask.

I agree; when Andrew stereotypes "white people" he also alienates everyone else. Not very constructive.

I agree; when Andrew stereotypes "white people" he also alienates everyone else. Not very constructive.

I wasn't referring to Andrew rather Chelsea from California - the caller.

Sign in to follow this