🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 139 — Boring Kanye West

The lovely April Richardson fills in for Kulap to help count down the charts with Howard and Earwolf's own Matt Besser on this week's very special Who Charted! The songs of the summah are discussed, including a breakdown of the potentially "rape-y" Blurred Lines, before we count down the most dominant summah songs of all time. After counting down the top summah movie opening weekends, Matt Besser reveals details of his hilarious experience teaching Kanye West the art of improv comedy and being a guest in his lavish, mural-stained home. Before signing off, we take some listener questions from Twitter.

I agree with Gym Sockerman, nice work April! I imagine being nervous in any condition, but with both Howard and Matt in the room? They're both so great because each can be very blunt and socially inept, but that doesn't mean I'd want to be the third man in their act. Yikes. Nice work jumping in feet first.

You three had great chemistry! I would love to hear a podcast that featured you three or if April and Howard showed up on I4H.

• Like 1

Matt picked the best funeral song of the group, though I would have gone with the Damned's "I Fell in Love with a Video Nasty" to play as I'm being lowered into the ground.

• Like 1

Matt picked the best funeral song of the group, though I would have gone with the Damned's "I Fell in Love with a Video Nasty" to play as I'm being lowered into the ground.

FASCIST!

Fantastic job, April!

Sadly she forgot, or didn't get the chance to mention, but April has a fun podcast of her own where she and her guest discuss an episode of "Saved by the Bell" they just watched. It's an always enjoyable romp guided by her lovely personality and supportive comedic persona. Go check out 'Go Bayside' here:

http://gobayside.tumblr.com/

• Like 7

I love April, and her podcast "Go Bayside!" but she, having never had it at all, doesn't realize how little alcohol spritzing it into your mouth is.

UHUHUHUHUHUHWAHT?! I think I have listened to every single Who Charted? and as far as I know, Kulap has never missed an episode! I hope everything is ok, I'm sure they will explain as soon as I listen to the start of the episode lol.

Hey, Burger King at least has the BK Veggie, more than McSlurry or Wendy's can claim...when I need a toadburger memory, I "treat" myself to a BKV...(the divergent sundae discussion is probably going to be the funniest thing I'll hear all day...)

UHUHUHUHUHUHWAHT?! I think I have listened to every single Who Charted? and as far as I know, Kulap has never missed an episode! I hope everything is ok, I'm sure they will explain as soon as I listen to the start of the episode lol.

Ku is out making a documentary about her mom, (which I'm sure is not easy) but she's not sick or anything! She will be back soon, and I'm sure the concern of chartists like yourself means a lot to her. :)

And one of the reasons I was never "straightedge" is that by definition one's "junk" stays out of practice (Crucial Youth were my heroes in that regard).

You guys should watch the video of

wait, where is the VPN of this? Didn't I watch it live last week?

Or was there something about posting them a week later so that it doesn't affect podcast listenership (is that a word)?

I think I just answered my own question.

Anyways, I'll say it again, Howard's best line from this:

"I'm gonna have a big wedding... Matt, what about your funeral?"

Or was there something about posting them a week later so that it doesn't affect podcast listenership (is that a word)?

To answer your question, just in case... videos drop on Mondays, 10 days after the original broadcast. So this one will be up on Aug 5th.

They DID explain this. Kulap dedicated an entire Two Charted to how she was going to be gone for a bit to film her documentary.

I feel like I need to give Aplop Richardsock a hard time out of loyalty to Ku-Ku, but I must say good job!

But Matt Besser, you are on my list for dissing Dune. ON MY LIST, SIR!

• Like 3

Good episode and great job, April. Deathlok is a great superhero character that needs to be made into a movie.

I'm only about 10 minutes into this episode, but I wanted to come on and say that my funeral will be a costume party, my corpse will be dressed like Dracula, and the song I want played is The Monster Mash.

• Like 2

My ashes will be displayed for all to see while the sanford and son theme plays gently on an endless loop.

• Like 5

I had no idea about April's podcast Go Bayside until she mentioned it on Whooch -I'm now addicted to it!

She and comedian guests (including Howard Michael Motorcycle) break down Saved By The Bell in a How Did This Get Made style. It's fucking amazing!

• Like 1