🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 163 — A Big Bowl Of Luck

Curb Your Enthusiasm & Earwolf’s own Jeff Garlin is finally joining us on the calming shores of Sklarbro Country! After getting into some takes that include a drunk man riding a horse into a bar, Randy & Jason welcome Jeff to discuss his new show The Goldbergs, the future of Curb, and how his time at Second City prepared him for Hollywood. Jeff also shares the original idea for Curb that he pitched to Larry David, explains why you shouldn’t talk negative about other people’s projects, and describes the process behind directing his film “Dealin’ With Idiots.” Then, Randy & Jason tackle Quick Hits solo before calling in to check up on Dennis Rodman who has went back to North Korea. Los Angelenos, come out to see Randy & Jason headline the Hollywood Improv on Saturday, September 14th and if you’re in Philly, don’t forget to get your tickets for The Sklar Brothers run at the Helium Comedy Club on September 19th, 20th and 21st! But most importantly, remember to connect with a person through a HENDERSON!

I feel like the Sklars are really letting Dennis get off almost as easy as Dennis is letting Kim get off. Hold his feet closer to the fire Sklars!

• Like 1

The Lone Ranger wasn't terrible, but it did feel like 3 or 4 different movies mashed together. The parts that were legit western-y were good. The screwball comedy was terrible. Being white, I'm not going to say that something wasn't racist, since I don't think I have the background to make such an assertion, but aside from Depp, it seemed to me that the movie had at least some conscience when it came to dealing with the slaughter of Native Americans.

A lot of this gets very inside baseball, but it is fun to read the Second City oral history book, and to find Jeff Garlin mentioned as not having been much of a performer, having mainly worked in the box office department, but then saying as the final wrap performer in the book that he owed his Big Bowl of Everything in Life to Second City, but now, via Sklarworld, he owes the same Big Bowl of Everything in Life to Larry David. What's he on, his Second Life? What's next, he learned everything he every learned in life from Stanley Myron Handelbaum?

Sign in to follow this