🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 2 — Blake Anderson, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes respond to all of the recent criticism they’ve received from the haters by opening up the “Celebrity Burn Journal.” They’ll let us know which TV shows are the funniest of the funny during the “Survival of The Funniest” and explain the VOD revolution in a segment called “OMG VOD.” Then, BLAKE ANDERSON of Workofholics drops by to answer some questions about the writing process behind his show, tells us how he likes to relax, and shares why he never turns the funny off.

Incidentally, if you swim with the stream you'll also get wet.

It was really great to hear that Blake, as far as I can tell, forcibly inserted himself into the top of the Hollywood establishment. Good lesson! Unfortunately, people just don't find me sexually threatening, so I probably won't be using it anytime soon.

Also, how dare you infer that my local nickel odeon will be supplanted by this newfangled VD technology... If people want a venereal disease they can go out and get one from the corner store or rent one from Blockbuster like the Amish do. I'm really bussin' up about this. Not in a good way.

I would also like to hear Hayes give us more synonyms for nebbishy please.

Love You, Bye.

PS - I don't know about everyone else, but I believe I specifically said that I wouldn't donate because you guys were doing so well and your setup was so corporate and elaborate. You know, Jesse Thorn over at Maximum Fun doesn't seem as slick as you guys which really gives me a millennial authenticity boner.

• Like 2

This episode made me so sad, I mean I'm just a regular Joe who can't afford to take sweet vacations or chill with Mimby or anything. Though this is a nice 1 hour escape of my pedestrian and mundane life.

• Like 2

PPS - It sounds like workplace violence is common in Hollywood. I'd like to hear more about that. Specifically the "baby spanking" (euphemism?).

PPPS - My Storyhound got hit by a car when I was in eighth grade and we had to have her put down. :(

• Like 2

I think this show is amazing, and am so glad that it exists. I wasn't a big Reality Show Show fan, I thought it was kind of mediocre. So I was tentative about trying this one, butit is absolutely hilarious.

Wow guys, it's only been a couple of years since that fateful Tuesday afternoon??? It seems like ages ago although I remember it well. RSS was going off the air, I was young and afraid of change... I was downright bussin up (that's what us kids used to say). But now here you two come waltzing back into my life with scoops on scoops on scoops of scoops on scoops on scoops just for us handbook-heads to om-nom, scrom-nom, gobble down on. You may as well call this show hollyweird scoop-book cause you bros are just dishing that stuff out like it's your job. The troops are going to be so fat and bloated from all these goddamned beautiful scoops. No wonder you got so much bad vibes back on that first episode. (vibes are a thing right?) The executive types are afraid of you punk-rock-writer-bros and your lack of respect for the establishment.

I was confused way back then when you said you wanted money, I swear you guys. I thought that it was another one of your famous prank'um gags. I know you guys are total math whizes and that's how you keep so much of that bank you make. Now I will probably donate some money to the show, I just want to make it clear it is NOT because I like this new show. It's not because I derive some sort of immense joy from listening to it (more than once). It's certainly not because you guys are funny, or smart, or getting awesome guests. I'm only posting here because you told me not to. You get it? I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't know you or like you, but here is some money (not now, but when I get paid again).

P.S. I subscribed to the pro version but I don't see the sexy boudoir pics anywhere, anyone else having this problem?

P.P.S. I like the teasers, but they are a little cold for my taste. Do we really need to keep them in the freezer? How long will they last if we just like, leave them on the counter?

P.P.P.S. What up to Chance-own and the dude who may or may not be the Narnold

• Like 5

Sean I really like your Mr. Cool shirt. Really gave that bazinga shirt a run for its money. Hayes you need to up your shirt game.

I've not listened to the podcast yet.

• Like 1

@Bruce Reid Robinson II - I haven't gotten ANY boudoir pics... Although, I did say on Facebook that I was holding out for a subscription to SecretMTV (Formerly VibesTV, a division of MTV Networks) but that was just a ruse. I actually signed up under a false identity with a credit card I 'borrowed,' but am not bragging about, from Valerie Bryant.

PS - You've just earned friendo status. Keep it sexy in Oregon.

PPS - I think we can both agree, fuck the Ducks. And Phil Knight while we're at it.

• Like 3

BRR I have a secret to tell you... I may in fact be the Narnold. Don't tell anyone ok?

Also guys are we ever gonna get Mimby on so I can finally figure out what her project is.

• Like 2

For fun I sometimes mispronounce her show's title to sound like she's projecting something. The grammar's not perfect, but I take my laughs where I can.

• Like 2

Incidentally, if you swim with the stream you'll also get wet.

lol. I thought this as well. But now that Sean & Hayes have said otherwise, I'm inclined to believe them here. The next time I am near a stream, I will have to conduct some tests!

Also, how DARE the naysayers come out of the woodwork! SHOW YOURSELVES! Where are these critics!? These haters? These trolls? I know Sean & Hayes are too cool to even care about 'em, and can just brush 'em off like nothing. But this shouldn't stand regardless. They don't have to be doing this - we already had them walk away from one podcast! I don't want to live in a world where Sean & Hayes are constantly one slight push away from depriving us of their genius and experience. These trolls shant be tolerated! Shant? Shan't? That must be how you spell it - the squiggly red line didn't show up for that version.

... what am I talking about again? Oh yes; the trolls. DAMN YOU JOEL COEN AND YOUR ARMY OF TROLLS! It's about time someone started a feud with you! And apparently, those persons have to be Sean & Hayes here. Time to disrupt Hollywood - again - boys. I know you're used to it by now. We're behind you guys 100%

Also, being a wrestling fan, I absolutely have to check out The Goldbergs now. Thanks Sean & Hayes - this was totally off-my-radar until now!

• Like 2

I have a question for the Popcorn Gallery, despite having no idea who's up for guesting next week. Considering Sean & Hayes' heavyweight standing in Hollywood, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a true Titan of the film industry - excuse me if my blind guess is a little off-base...

Dear Mr. DiCaprio or Dame Helen Mirren,

How have you kept your incredible success in show business from changing you as a person? How do you remain so grounded and personable when Hollywood is constantly knocking on your door, constantly throwing money, booze & drugs at you... generally, doing their best to inflate your ego and turn you into some out-of-touch, deranged mess to be mocked for the TMZ's, STAR Magazines and all the other paparazzo out there?

This show is definitely showing signs of possibly making improvements! Way to go!

Still love that Gelmania more, though

• Like 1

Hey Holly Dollys! We're recording an interview seg with Donny Glover, star of The Mystery Boys, Community Chest, and recently revealed as the hip hop star Childish Branzino. Any questions for him should go here in this thread.

Also someone is terrorizing our iTunes page with fraudulent "1" ratings when they actually really liked the show so go fix that.

• Like 3

Hey Holly Dollys! We're recording an interview seg with Donny Glover, star of The Mystery Boys, Community Chest, and recently revealed as the hip hop star Childish Branzino. Any questions for him should go here in this thread.

Please ask him how he gets himself into a funny zone, a humor quadrant, or a chuckle area.

• Like 1

Hey Haze I know we're not allowed to talk about reality shows anymore but you were great on Catfish last night. Really nice to the girl who lied to you. I didn't realize the Hollywood you're talking about is the one in Florida.

For Ronald Lover why did you get into the hips hops?

donald glover: remember when you werent in spiderman? that sucked, right?

sometimes u guys get ppls names wrong, you should have the negineer google them before the show

• Like 1

For fun I sometimes mispronounce her show's title to sound like she's projecting something. The grammar's not perfect, but I take my laughs where I can.

It makes sense. You just have to remember that the third person plural of Mimby is still Mimby. Like "fish" or "squash." All the Mimby Project.

In other news, guys, this new show rocks. Back when I was a kid, I used to listen to the Realty Sho-sho, and this is at least 8% better than that! Last week, you explained to me what the purpose is of those pieces-of-movies that come on before my movie comes on in the theater. I'm always just like, "Where is movies?" I'm so glad Hayes & Sean come along to bail me out. But now, you're telling me that some day I won't even need to go to movies! They'll be on my TV! I'm not sure I believe you, but it's a beautiful dream.

But seriously--just as the Realty Sho-sho taught me how to live in reality, I am prepared to use the Hollywood Handbook to teach myself how to live in Hollywood. First I need to get to Hollywood, if y'all have any advice on that. Thanks.

P.S. I'm so glad y'all are still pointing out things that are scary. It makes me feel a lot safer.

• Like 4

In retrospect, I would have loved to asked Blake why he changed his IMDB name back from 'Uncle Blazer' That shit was too funny, and for anyone who hasn't seen his IMDB photo--do so immediately.

Another great show homies. ^_^

Questions for Donald:

is it hard being the only black rapper?

are you the greatest rapper of all time, or is it too soon to tell and safer to assume it's a 3 way tie with biggie and pac?

would you rather be taken seriously as a musician or actor?? is it possible to hit both marks?? do you think drake's music would be received differently if he were still playing a handi-capped canadian?? do you think people would subscribe to ice-t's no nonsense cop routine if he was still touring 'cop killer'??

how do you get into the 'funny zone'??

-charlie

I've decided to post today, not because it's my birthday (although it is), but because I have some things to say about your new show. First of all, Hayes' laugh is the best. If not the best, then certainly better than Sean's. Second, god, I really should've posted here after I first listened. Third, I shouldn't listen in the car because then I can't make notes about what I want to say in the message board, which leads me to making pointless lists. Fourth, I'm 27 years a lady. Fifth, okay, this list is getting pretty good.

For Donald Glover:

How does the song "Dude Looks Like a Lady" influence you as an actor?

When you say you like something, are people like "Really? Or are you acting?"?

Is my last question grammatically correct?

Altar boys are kind of like pokemon to Catholic priests, because they gotta touch 'em all. <--For Twitter, not Donald.

Is Rebecca Donaldson from Full House your son?

That's all from me today, guys. Happy Birthday, Valerie.

• Like 6

Happy Birthday Valerie Bryant!

For this special occasion I'll brag just a little bit: I may have stolen your credit card to sign up for the pro version... In my defense though, it was only so that Bruce Reid Robinson II would think I was cool.

Congrats on surviving this long!

Love You, Bye.

PS - Way to take Sean down a notch!

I would like to know if Donny thinks acting is fun, or if it mostly just makes him sleepy. Also, same question but for music, then also if he ever forgets he's doing stand up while on stage and then just does something else.

Thanks for the fun show.