🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 — Regrets

Ever felt like you’ve made a wrong decision in the past and as a result it dramatically changed your life for the better or worse? Well, you’ve probably left the kitchen light on as well because you’re a person who’s got some regrets. Tig, Kyle, and David discuss if regrets can be healthy, talk about regretting regrets, and share their biggest/smallest regrets. Don’t regret missing out on this week’s episode!

• Like 2

I'm sorry maybe I missed something, how in the heck is raw food meant to be better for you? We cook things to kill parasites, we have been doing it for 250,000 years. I can possibly see how cooking vegetables might leach some vitamins out of them but I can't imagine it would be enough for any tangible health benefits. All due respect to Tig but California really is the mecca of fad diets and medical pseudo science.

I'll leave this right here, it would be lovely if you could get Dara O'Briain on the show sometime!

Loved the callback to the Simpson's "I regret nothing!" guy. I think of him often as well.

I'm sorry maybe I missed something, how in the heck is raw food meant to be better for you? We cook things to kill parasites, we have been doing it for 250,000 years. I can possibly see how cooking vegetables might leach some vitamins out of them but I can't imagine it would be enough for any tangible health benefits. All due respect to Tig but California really is the mecca of fad diets and medical pseudo science.

I'll leave this right here, it would be lovely if you could get Dara O'Briain on the show sometime!

Hey Gerard--I think it is more about eating unprocessed or unrefined foods. I would agree that we've been cooking food forever, and that seems to be a good way to eliminate harmful bacteria, but I also think that we may have tipped the scales a little too far in the processing direction. Just like with anything in the world, I bet learning about eating raw and incorporating some of the ideas into a balanced diet would be beneficial, however focussing on just eating raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts could lead to certain vitamin deficiencies.

Loved the callback to the Simpson's "I regret nothing!" guy. I think of him often as well.

Not to get too Comic Book Guy-ish, but David got the reference slightly wrong - The line was for the Itchy & Scratchy movie, not "a boy band concert".

Tig doing her 'Goobers' character started ringing all kinds of bells in my brain, and I was like, "WHY?! WHY?! Why is this setting bells off?! What does this remind me of???"

Now I finally remembered. The way Tig was talking was like a high-pitched version of Edward Norton's character's act as a mentally disabled janitor in the film 'The Score.' For those who don't remember, Norton's character pretends to be a mentally AND physically disabled person to get an unassuming job as a night janitor in a facility absolutely ripe for heists, which he then works with De Niro and Brando (in his final role) to pull off and then of course everyone double-crosses each other. At one point Norton's character-as-a-disabled-person gets very agitated (because he is trying to manipulate the night workers into leaving the area about to be heisted or he is trying to make an excuse to remove himself so he can sneak off and do things) and it is this voice that Tig's voice reminded me of.

I just saw the Score a month ago because my friend was watching it on a VERY lazy Sunday, and just the cadence and insistency in Tig's voice activated my brain like a sense memory. So crazy.

Hey Gerard--I think it is more about eating unprocessed or unrefined foods. I would agree that we've been cooking food forever, and that seems to be a good way to eliminate harmful bacteria, but I also think that we may have tipped the scales a little too far in the processing direction. Just like with anything in the world, I bet learning about eating raw and incorporating some of the ideas into a balanced diet would be beneficial, however focussing on just eating raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts could lead to certain vitamin deficiencies.

But a raw food diet isn't the same as a vegan diet. Raw foods includes raw meat and fish.

Sign in to follow this