🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Gabe Danon

Episode 115 — Daniel the Miracle Beagle

Sean Clements, Dominic Dierkes, and Joe Wengert can't help but take a life ending leap, explore a rich teenager's terrible crimes, and witness curling magic on this week's improv4humans with Matt Besser! Plus, the vigilante of good taste, Doug Levison returns to discuss Daniel the Miracle Beagle in another edition of Case Closed. You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com! Humans of Los Angeles, there will be a LIVE improv4humans on Friday, January 10th as part of the RIOT LA festival. Go to www.riotla.com for tickets.

I'm gonna do it.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Oh my god I came here as soon as I caught my breath from laughing uncontrollably! So fucking funny!

• Like 1

Damn we almost had Eric!

Also Matt Besser was on Getting Doug with High today with Howard Kremer.

• Like 1

Also Matt Besser was on Getting Doug with High today with Howard Kremer.

Holy shit are you serious?!

Normally I'd nerd rage at mistakes like calling The Riddler a Spiderman villain, but that led to even more hilarious material.

• Like 1

Normally I'd nerd rage at mistakes like calling The Riddler a Spiderman villain, but that led to even more hilarious material.

p sure it was a joke on purpose because they were not good spidermens

Doug Levison's Ray Romano tangent was great.

• Like 2

What an episode. Loved hearing Sean and Dominic on with the always mesmerizing Joe Wengert. That Doug is such a kook. I can feel my blood pressure skyrocket when I listen to him babble on and on to the point that I just want to shout sometimes, but the scenes that come out of his appearances are incredible.

• Like 2

i could listen to that small mans voice forever haha really hysterical ep i cant even keep track of all the goodness "i was a pretty average spiderman"

Trying to think of Earwolf (or Earwolf-adjacent) personalities who could serve as the Blaster to Doug's Master. Everyone who's big enough to be intimidating seems out of shape and/or totally non-confrontational.

Doug tells stories exactly like my uncle, listening to this was like re-living Christmas.

• Like 5

And I can't be the only one who hopes that Doug is best friends with Best Show on WFMU super caller Spike, right?

• Like 2

Oh my god. That sketch at the cliff was amazing. 'I think I might have shoved him a little so we're defintely going to have to get on the same page now.' So perfect.

• Like 1

p sure it was a joke on purpose because they were not good spidermens

I think it was pretty damn obvious they did it on purpose. The whole point of the bit was, indeed, that they were all clueless about Spiderman. Your nerd rage would have been extremely misplaced even if it hadn't led to a hilarious callback later on.

That Doug is such a kook. I can feel my blood pressure skyrocket when I listen to him babble on and on to the point that I just want to shout sometimes, but the scenes that come out of his appearances are incredible.

Seriously, I was going to post about how sick I am of Trumpet Man, but you're right.... the guys turn Dougs 5 minutes of annoying babbling into comedy gold.

I think it was pretty damn obvious they did it on purpose. The whole point of the bit was, indeed, that they were all clueless about Spiderman. Your nerd rage would have been extremely misplaced even if it hadn't led to a hilarious callback later on.

Isn't most nerd rage misplaced anyway?

Isn't most nerd rage misplaced anyway?

I once had some 14 year old yell at me online since I didn't know who some Dragonball character was.

I told him not to talk to me until he felt a vagina.

I guess I'm in the minority here. Doug's meandering stories were funny to me only in the sense I (plus Matt and his humans, evidently) was laughing at his inability to stop talking. He did the same thing on the VPN episode and it was clear they were laughing at him almost all throughout the phone call. It became grating to me after a few minutes.

• Like 1

i almost wish they would prerecord the doug calls and have my mentor thomas edit them down or someth but if that happened i guess doug might get mad and say mr bezser was making him look bad on purpsoe? idk it is a toughie because i really like where this seems to be going but doug has a hard time staying focused

if anyone can make it work tho it is mr besser

• Like 1

i almost wish they would prerecord the doug calls and have my mentor thomas edit them down or someth but if that happened i guess doug might get mad and say mr bezser was making him look bad on purpsoe?

you think the podcast is live, thomas does the edits, and assume that the call you're hearing wasn't already edited? 0-3

if only you guys heard the full call, it's mind blowing how much that guy can talk.

• Like 5