🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 165.5 — 1/31/14 TWO CHARTED 104

It’s opposite day on TWO CHARTED! Kulap’s Top 5 Grammy Performances chart covers everything from what Ryan Lewis sounds like to Steven Tyler singing to Smokey Robinson. Then, Howard describes the Hollywood Improv dolphin, talks about the mini Austin Stories reunion, and tells us about his new movie watching method during his Wieek That Was.

Another Twooch in the books and Howard was in fine form...as always. My Top 5 Kremerism on Twooch:

5. Comparing Queen Latifah's ordainness as a minister to a public notary. "She's just there to bear wtiness and sign off"

4. Howard's Beyonce impersonation...Christ, I lost it. Like Kulap I was laughing ass off.

3. Pink as Big Baby in Toy Story 3. I wish this episode was on VPN just see everything. It was so freaking funny.

2. Howard/DBS' craziness about him messig up should be signing "I Heal With My Steel" at the Grammys. Howard going off about the acts was great but I liked this bit.

Coming in at Number One (NUMBHA ONE!)

1. Improv Dolphin- Yeah, it's rather odd seeing that stupid mural. And his analysis was dead on.

Thanks for the laughs.

-R

• Like 2

Black Flag, The Replacements, Husker Du, and The Minutemen.

Howard talking about Jethro Tull beating Metallica for the Grammy. Which brought back memories for me because I was in DC that Grammy night, at the (original) 930 Club watching Jane's Addiction who was also nominated for that same Grammy (for the album "Nothing Shocking").

There I was thinking Howard was just a rap kid, but no, he was also listening to groups on the SST label.

Really enjoyed Howard's picks for songs this week. Any Minutemen play is fine in my book.

Black Flag, The Replacements, Husker Du, and The Minutemen.

That reminds me, Howard mentioning that these were songs from his teen years was probably the closest he's ever come (at least intentionally) to dating himself.

Also, while Ku's pronunciation of "Husker" was definitely wrong (she said it like in corn husker), I think Howard's "who-sker" was also wrong, wasn't it? I think it's a U sound like in "push".

That reminds me, Howard mentioning that these were songs from his teen years was probably the closest he's ever come (at least intentionally) to dating himself.

Also, while Ku's pronunciation of "Husker" was definitely wrong (she said it like in corn husker), I think Howard's "who-sker" was also wrong, wasn't it? I think it's a U sound like in "push".

I'm glad to hear Howard opening up about his youth, it gives him more to draw from. He can always say that at a young age, he was exposed to new things by an older set of friends/relatives. I'm 50, and he seems like he's substantially younger.

As for Husker Du, I've only ever heard it pronounced as "who-sker." Such a great band. Come to think of it, supposedly I'll be receiving a screener of the Grant Hart documentary "Every Everything" sometime in the next month.

On the Andy Daly episode (the next one) he says that he went to see Journey in college when Randy Jackson was in the band. According to wikipedia, Jackson was only in the band in 1986 and 87, so...

Sign in to follow this