🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 141 — Tarot

What exactly happens during Tarot card readings? Well, talented improviser and Tarot extraordinaro Suzi Barrett joins the Blastoff crew to debunk preconceived notions regarding Tarot card readings and to give everyone a Tarot card reading! Put your head phones on and find out if Tig, Kyle, and David’s future is positive or tarot-ble.

Solid episode. Suzi Barrett is my favorite guest this year! She was soo funny.

Is it still a secret who(whom?) Tig is dating? 'cause I think I know who it is...

Great episode. Can't wait for The Gulp Hour with Aaron Burrell. I will never not laugh at the muffled, off-mic shouting. YES!

Is it still a secret who(whom?) Tig is dating? 'cause I think I know who it is...

It's a not-really-secret secret which was sort of spilled (more explicitly than ever before) in this episode.

• Like 1

i thought david was better than judging someone based on appearance guess not..great ep regardless!

Ah, tarot cards. The most science of topics.

Look over the last several months of topics and it's pretty clear that that horse has long since left the barn. I'd prefer more sciencey topics, but I'm more than willing to go with the flow if the show is good.

I felt a chill of fear when the guest rattled off the list of new agey mumbo jumbo she's "in to" (which I'm sure she's just as deep "in to" as tarot--from my adolescent dabbling with such silly superstition I recall that the "read the entire description of the card from the booklet" reading style is generally considered pretty amateurish) and indicated that she'd love to be back on to talk about it...

Really enjoyed this episode! Such fun to listen to these guys goofing off.

Anna and Alan here.....(Anna from Professor Blastoff episode #110).....and we wanted to say: Suzi, you have always beat Flo in our boner-hearts. Your insurance commercials years ago made us pay attention to your adorable self and your pigtails. Flo never did. True story. You in your office chair and all....mm hm. Truly truly.....and the PB hosts have our contact info. **wink!**

And what a damn good episode! TKD&A were great and S was a great guest. When she was asked (by Aaron) about the multitude of possibilities within tarot readings and she responded about the possibilities in human conversation, that was perfect. We're skeptical about tarot -- and Suzi won us over by her pragmatic (yet mystical) view of it all.

"Hold this mackerel skull." Katy Perry's "Roar." T&K's muffled shouts of "YES!" and "NO!" All of this: yes.

Cheers, Suzi and the PB crew! Much love, A&A

I love the way Suzi explains the dynamics of tarot and that it's not necessarily supposed to predict the future! My compliments to the chef.

Sign in to follow this