🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Blast Hardcheese

Guests I'd Love To Hear of HDTGM

I love the insanely wonderful and hilarious amount of guests HDTGM has featured in 80+ episodes. Here is a list, in no particular order, of some very funny people I'd love to hear sit-in with Paul, June and Jason:

Lake Bell

Joel Hodgson

Michael J. Nelson

The Duplass Brothers

Katie Aselton

Louis C.K.

David Wain

Neko Case

Sarah Silverman

David Cross

Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein

Mike Birbiglia

• Like 3

For the "Night of Hulkamania", I'd love to see them bring in Wrestler/Comedian Colt Cabana.

For the "Night of Hulkamania", I'd love to see them bring in Wrestler/Comedian Colt Cabana.

I'd love to see them get Chris Jericho. His podcast is pretty great too.

• Like 2

I'd love to see them get Chris Jericho. His podcast is pretty great too.

Yeah, his and Steve Austin's are good.

Chris Jericho and Colt Cabana would be perfect for this podcast. They have such high energy, are so upbeat (ESPECIALLY for professional wrestlers, who sometimes have pretty depressing backstories and a laundry list of injuries). Mick Foley would also be excellent.

Lake Bell would be great too. I mean, she made an outstanding movie-about-moviemaking, itself a huge challenge. Plus she's funny and charming. Speaking of which, have you seen 'In a World...'? If not, please do so now.

Neko Case is more charming than Frank Underwood, plus way funnier and seems like a nice person. Bonus: she creates gorgeous music. Any podcast appearance she makes is gold.

The MST3K/Rifftrax crew: Yes please. Always and forever, yes.

How about roddy piper? Roddy's are better and more campy fun. Hulks are family friendly dumb.

Roddy Piper is another great choice. I've actually had the pleasure of meeting him and he could not have been a nicer, more enthusiastic gentlemen.

Would I be ridiculed and laughed at if I admitted that I really, really want Felicia Day as a guest at some point?

Also for people who've already been on the show, I really, really wouldn't mind it if you brought back Kulap.

• Like 1

Would I be ridiculed and laughed at if I admitted that I really, really want Felicia Day as a guest at some point?

Also for people who've already been on the show, I really, really wouldn't mind it if you brought back Kulap.

If by 'ridiculed and laughed at' you mean 'enthusiastically agreed with' then yes.

April Richardson

Anthony Jeselnik

Maria Bamford

Howard Kremer... again and again and again forever

Thomas Lennon

Eric Andre

Erin Gibson

Kristen Schaal

Amy Sedaris

Amy Schumer

I would like to concur with all the previous suggestions. My dream guests would be

Adam Buxton

Joe Cornish

Peter Serafinowicz

Graham Linehan

Joe Bob Briggs!

I loved this guys show back in the day and sadly he doesn't have a podcast so I think he'd be perfect as a guest on your show!

driveintotals.jpeg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xGN0-Y40hdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 3

I saw a great episode of Conan last night. It had good sketches and special guests Jeff Garlin, Andy Daly, and Todd Barry. Would you please consider Jeff Garlin on HDTGM? During Conan's interview, Garlin discussed how much he loves to hate bad movies, and he then ripped apart "Need For Speed."

I saw a great episode of Conan last night. It had good sketches and special guests Jeff Garlin, Andy Daly, and Todd Barry. Would you please consider Jeff Garlin on HDTGM? During Conan's interview, Garlin discussed how much he loves to hate bad movies, and he then ripped apart "Need For Speed."

I saw that too. He definitely seems like the type who would love to be on the show.

I saw that too. He definitely seems like the type who would love to be on the show.

Jeff Garlin would be amazing on HDTGM. I third this recommendation.

Adam Carolla (whose show Paul has done a couple of times). He has the same passion for good-bad movies and has released a few full-length commentary tracks for classics like Road House and Showgirls.

Here are a couple of his breakdowns with Bill Simmons. I recommend finding their Fast & Furious episodes on Simmons's podcast too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541dmwRbt8c

Doug Stanhope?

Of course, that's pie in the sky. The dude doesn't watch movies, and probably wouldn't play along. It would be a terrible episode. I love listening to that man speak, though.

John Mulaney

Hannibal Buress

Chris Gethard

And I support the Felicia Day idea, too!

• Like 2

- Bill Corbett - MST3K/Rifftrax alumni, also wrote Meet Dave, which might be interesting

- Kevin Murphy - MST3K/Rifftrax alumni - Just awesome

- Patton Oswalt - well, yeah. he's just brilliant

- Bobscratch Goldfarb - another genius

- Dana Gould - you'd probably have to watch something that was made before y'all were born, but that's not a bad thing.

- Bob Odenkirk - because, fuck yeah

- Bryan Fuller - Something tells me this guy can riff and have a fucking great time.

- Michael McKean - Do I really need to justify this?

• Like 1