🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 275 — LIVE from SXSW 2014

This week’s Comedy Bang Bang was recorded live at the South by Southwest Festival 2014 in Austin, Texas with fan favorite Jonah Ray and soon to be fan favorite Adam Cayton-Holland! Also, The Sheriff of Nottingham makes a harrowing return as he crashes the show the only way a fictional character from the Robin Hood universe can. With style! Bow. Bow. Chicka Chickaaaa.

That was a fantastic James Adomian character. Anyone know any other podcasts he has done it on?

Fuck Yes!! THE SHERIFF RETURNS.. wow this live ep was amazing scotts questions were my favorite..I always love hearing the audiences laughter.. everyone was fantastic!

a worthy uhhh

• Like 1

The Sheriff of Nottingham's terrible convoluted back story, and Scott's open confusion of it, were straight up delightful. Adomion is awesome at these live shows, he was meant for 80's stadium shows.

It's been awhile since I listened to the Sheriff of Nottingham/Alan Rickman's first appearance. Maybe it's just me, but for me - that episode is an absolute classic.

And this one was pretty great as well!

• Like 1

Yeah, episode 98 is a classic, one of the episodes I come back to the most. I hear it's quite maligned though. Didn't Scott do one of those How The Bread Gets Made things about it, with a somewhat negative tone?

• Like 1

Wow, deep cut indeed. Great show, though, almost enough to forget how evil leaving last week's cliffhanger hanging is...

It's been awhile since I listened to the Sheriff of Nottingham/Alan Rickman's first appearance. Maybe it's just me, but for me - that episode is an absolute classic.

And this one was pretty great as well!

One of the first "plugs in the break before the end" that threw me off. Adam Scott was incredible on that episode.

What is it about these last few months? PFT killed every single night of the Live Tour and then the best of/Gilly episode. Andy Daly with his PPP and the last epic episode. Now Adomian is crushing it. I can't wait to hear Tom Leykis again.

• Like 1

I'm getting emotional. Much like others have posted, "A Worthy Uh...", the Sheriff's first appearance, is one of my favorite episodes, and his return fills me with so much glee.

If anyone owns Adomian's album 'Low Hangin Fruit,' the Sheriff makes a lengthy appearance on the track 'Gay Villains.'

The sheriff is definitely one of my favorite Adomian characters and I'm glad he's still doing it although it's rare. They mentioned that it doesn't go over well sometimes, and I think that's due the the crowd. The character is basically an excuse for James to sexually harass everyone, but when the crowd is on board it fucking WORKS even when he is "merely chewing scenery." There was a Horatio level of continuity errors in this episode and I was delighted.

Really hoping there is a Stillwater/Sheriff episode in the future, that shit would be bananas.

P.S. SOUND QUALITY. FUCKING SUPERB. These lives shows are so much better when the sound is good!

• Like 3

Has "It's been awhile" replaced "IIIT'S BEEN"

Your profile picture has never been more relevant.

• Like 3

Didn't Scott do one of those How The Bread Gets Made things about it, with a somewhat negative tone?

What's this about the original Sheriff's appearance being a "bit gone bad" etc.? As many have already stated, it's an episode worthy uh..., surely among my all time favs, have listened to it so many times! Anyone has a link to the mention quoted above or Scott/James talking about how it went "wrong"?

As far as I'm concerned that original episode was Earwolf's gold.

• Like 2

What's this about the original Sheriff's appearance being a "bit gone bad" etc.? As many have already stated, it's an episode worthy uh..., surely among my all time favs, have listened to it so many times! Anyone has a link to the mention quoted above or Scott/James talking about how it went "wrong"?

As far as I'm concerned that original episode was Earwolf's gold.

Exactly! That's a top 10 episode of all time for me.

• Like 1

Didn't Scott do one of those How The Bread Gets Made things about it, with a somewhat negative tone?

No

I can't wait to hear Tom Leykis again.

He was on this week's Sklarbro Country!

Really fun episode, great character work as always from Adomian and Jonah and Adam both had a lot of great quips.

Jonah and Doug Benson sound so much alike you should book them both for the next U Talkin' U2 to Me? episode

Add me to those with fondness for the original Rickman/Sherrif of Nottingham appearance. Whenever I hear that anything "is gold!" I think of Alan Rickman holding Scott hostage for the Comedy Death Ray gold. It's good to know I'm not alone in that.

• Like 1