🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 23 — DC Pierson, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes start the show off by discussing a trend in media lately that they love: rando humor, or comedy that comes out of nowhere! Then, close friend of the show DC PIERSON joins the guys to walk through the evolution of video, share some exclusive tips for what to do when going to auditions, and chat about learning lines, Disneyland, and how to one-up your competition in the waiting room.

• Like 2

Great mention of Seattle in 1993 at 44:12. DC Pierson knows a thing or two about 5 star iTunes reviews. You guys could learn a thing or two. Just saying.

Love You,

Bye.

Is anyone else not seeing the episode appear in their iTunes? I'm beginning to fear that there might've been a small technical error in the upload of this show.

No popcorn gallery this week, the hosts refuse to interact in the forums, now this. Gelmania never had these kinds of issues.

• Like 6

Is anyone else not seeing the episode appear in their iTunes? I'm beginning to fear that there might've been a small technical error in the upload of this show.

No popcorn gallery this week, the hosts refuse to interact in the forums, now this. Gelmania never had these kinds of issues.

Yeah, it's not working for me on iTunes either. First my favorite zumba instructor gets cancer and now this.

• Like 14

meh...skippable. I miss the softly delivered condescension toward the guests. S+H have no problem downing us and the engineers but seem to just become more and more friendly with these C list "celebs". Guess I'll have to depend on Between Two Ferns for belittling interviews...ehh smh

• Like 1

Yeah, weird, it's not downloading for me either. I clicked on it on the site though to listen, and hello! Surprise! I'm loffing.

• Like 3

iTunes is fixed now you guys. There was a small error and it was my fault, I deserve no kisses for 3 weeks.

• Like 7

sorry about the itunes issue, guys. i can't let gabe take all the blame for this error. but i will.

just kidding, it was my fault. send your hate mail to me.

• Like 6

Been sitting here trying to think of an example of something not Rando. Here's the best I got.

A student is taking his final exam in college philosophy class. "Pencils down, papers turned in on my desk immediately!" says the Professor. All of the students but one turn in their paper. The student continues to write. "PENCILS DOWN YOUNG MAN, PENCILS DOWN NOW OR I WILL FAIL YOU" the professor yells, getting angry with the show of disobedience. The student continues writing. Finally, after lots of yelling, the student gets up and walks to the desk, where there is a large stack of all the other students final exams.

"You will receive a failing grade for directly disobeying me!!" Barks the professor.

The student looks at the professor and says, "Do you know who I am?"

"What?!" Barks the professor.

"Do you have any idea who I am? Do you know my name."

"Well," the professor said, pausing in a moment of uncertainty, "I guess I don't."

The student lifts up a bunch of the papers and throws his paper in the middle of the stack.

"That's cause I'm a fucking ghost, and you're a dog. But you're also a fucking ghost. Why do you think you kept barking? We died of asbestos 20 years ago. This isn't even a college classroom, it's a fucking cemetery. We're at a fucking cemetery man!!! MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!"

The Dog Professor looks at the ghost student and says, "Congratulations, you passed the test."

• Like 3

iTunes is fixed now you guys. There was a small error and it was my fault, I deserve no kisses for 3 weeks.

sorry about the itunes issue, guys. i can't let gabe take all the blame for this error. but i will.

just kidding, it was my fault. send your hate mail to me.

Personally I think you both deserve kisses for being honest and for doing your best but hey, if you don't want them, that's on you! I hope at the very least Jeff Ulrich gives you a lil pat on the head

• Like 4

Yes, the iTunes issue has been resolved. You may close the support ticket now and update the alert. Everyone at the service desk has been running around like chickens with their heads cut off and a few high stakes customers are bitching about their service level agreements.

We're still going to need a root cause analysis and after action report before we determine who gets how many kisses.

• Like 9

I hope at the very least Jeff Ulrich gives you a lil pat on the head

Yes, on the head would be a most welcome change indeed.

J/K J/K J/K Jeff is 100% appropriate at all times.

• Like 3

...am I the only one who prefers to go to the Earwolf site to hear podcasts? I like the studio photos which were conveniently MISSING this week.

The guest was probably Sean in character...this isn't CBB...or the ADPPP...

It worked fine on iTunes Platinum Celebrity Big Wig edition. I guess you guys weren't wearing big enough wigs?

• Like 3

...am I the only one who prefers to go to the Earwolf site to hear podcasts? I like the studio photos which were conveniently MISSING this week.

The guest was probably Sean in character...this isn't CBB...or the ADPPP...

added the photos to prove to you that the guest was real.

• Like 1

That photo of DC made me unspeakably sad. He looks like he needs a good bussin' up.

• Like 1

Been sitting here trying to think of an example of something not Rando. Here's the best I got.

A student is taking his final exam in college philosophy class. "Pencils down, papers turned in on my desk immediately!" says the Professor. All of the students but one turn in their paper. The student continues to write. "PENCILS DOWN YOUNG MAN, PENCILS DOWN NOW OR I WILL FAIL YOU" the professor yells, getting angry with the show of disobedience. The student continues writing. Finally, after lots of yelling, the student gets up and walks to the desk, where there is a large stack of all the other students final exams.

"You will receive a failing grade for directly disobeying me!!" Barks the professor.

The student looks at the professor and says, "Do you know who I am?"

"What?!" Barks the professor.

"Do you have any idea who I am? Do you know my name."

"Well," the professor said, pausing in a moment of uncertainty, "I guess I don't."

The student lifts up a bunch of the papers and throws his paper in the middle of the stack.

"That's cause I'm a fucking ghost, and you're a dog. But you're also a fucking ghost. Why do you think you kept barking? We died of asbestos 20 years ago. This isn't even a college classroom, it's a fucking cemetery. We're at a fucking cemetery man!!! MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!"

The Dog Professor looks at the ghost student and says, "Congratulations, you passed the test."

You forgot to mention the slow clap by the rest of the class at the end.

• Like 1

hypothetical scenario...

...two hollywood 'it-boys' take a break from crushin' to start a weekly advice column.

A. What would you call the column?

B. What types of things might you ask them?

i'll toss one into the mixer --

Dear Uncles Clements and Davenport,

Boys, you know I respect your opinion and that's why i'm writing (Thanks again for bailing me out last time--the name North West was a real hit). But i'm in trouble again, the wedding is just around the corner and the guest list is starting to dwarf our venue. My beach house is just TOO DARN SMALL. I know that my place isn't nearly as roomy as your Santa Barbara house but I thought you might have some tips.

-Kanye

p.s. have you seen my tevas? i think i left them there that time when you taught me to throw a spiral..

• Like 4

So I Googled "weird freak bitch at the show" and it directed me to the Facebook page of Rando Calrissian... It's cool though, I'm 1/8th Canadian. So Rando.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be so John Rando if you went to Washington and tweaked out about how "they drew first blood, not me"?

• Like 1

Rando Sando.

I used to know this guy that worked at star bucks named Randy. He would always bring us sandwiches so we called him Randy Sandwich.

Have you ever heard the song 'gonja farmer'?

See how i did a rando thing by changing the subject so abruptly.

• Like 2