🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 171.5 — 3/14/14 TWO CHARTED 110

On this week's Two Charted, Kuku and Howard make their predictions for their upcoming @midnight appearance, talk about some tours a-brewing, and we discover Howard's preferred kind of music: Kids Bop. Plus, they discuss the future of bit coins, plan a mother & father chat with Ramhand about his bladder issues, and us Chartists get a inside look into the planning of Kulap's documentary. Please, don't talk yourself out of listening to this episode.

Dear Kulap,

Positive vibes sent to help in your quest to discover the hows & whys behind your early years. It sounds like the casting net you have thrown in search for answers will yield a rich bounty of family & community. As much as they will be adding to you, you being Kulap, will be adding to them.

Peace and Success on your trip.

• Like 2

Damn I love that Iggy Azalea & Charli XCX song. It's kind of the anti-Royals. The video is great, too.

Without watching the video (sorry, listening to yesterday's Fogelnest Files), I still have my initial confusion as to how the hell these things are on a hard drive as opposed to in the cloud. The whole thing feels like a make-em-up version of money.

Without watching the video (sorry, listening to yesterday's Fogelnest Files), I still have my initial confusion as to how the hell these things are on a hard drive as opposed to in the cloud. The whole thing feels like a make-em-up version of money.

The process of "mining" a Bitcoin requires hundreds or thousands of hours of computing cryptographic hashes in order to find a unique one. Once you do, half of the encryption data necessary to send that Bitcoin elsewhere (i.e. spend it) is stored on your hard drive; the other half is stored in the cloud. Losing a drive via crash or physical disposal means the Bitcoin still "exists" but it can never be spent.

Bitcoin advocates would argue that all currencies are make-em-ups with arbitrary, fluctuating values, and Bitcoin is simply an end-run around "unjust" government taxation and traceability.

Kulap, all the best to you on the Laotian portion of your filming. I commend your bravery in undertaking this project, and your willingness to share it publically. I kind of wish you had more than 10 days to spend in Laos. Except (selfishly) I kind of don't, because that would be time I couldn't hear your wonderful voice and spirit on the podwaves.

(Jesus Christ, Dave ... what a corny post. What is wrong with you??)

• Like 1