🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 4 — Rattle and Hum

Filmmaker, documentarian, and director Lance Bangs joins Adam Scott Aukerman this week to discuss U2’s sixth studio album & rockumentary film Rattle and Hum. They’ll talk about Lance’s longtime relationship with U2 which started with him being a fan to getting to know the lovable lads more personally, share their favorite moments from the film, and break down their perfect Rattle and Hum tracklists. Plus, Adam tells us about being at the surprise U2 show during a Haiti Benefit and witnessing U2’s acceptance speech after winning a Golden Globe.

OMG, a Rattle and Hum discussion with Bangs? I can hardly contain myself.

The album itself is meh, but the video? It's a great tour of America and worth watching. Angel of Harlem <3.

That said, the best part about Rattle and Hum is knowing what comes next --- Achtung Baby, which is a perfect album.

Ah! I have been waiting for this opportunity to post my favorite Beatle quote:

"This is a song U2 stole from Charles Manson.

We're stealin' it back.

Aukerman - Cock 'er, man

Dick 'er men - Stick 'em in

Goo Goo Gah Choob"

- Mall McCartney

• Like 1

This is the best podcast.

I can't get enough of how it took them OVER AN HOUR to even mention Rattle and Hum.

Please keep the pace to one show per album, I can't get enough of it!

• Like 1

2 hours?! Must be talkin' some serious 2.

I thought the same thing. They obviously won't talk about anything else but U2.

• Like 2

Early on anyone catch when Adam Scott says "a worthy uh ..cause" when he was talking about the charity event he attended hahah i wish CrockPotterman called it out.. this podcast is fucking filled with amazing bits and it blows my brain haha thanks!

• Like 3

I was inspired to listen to Rattle and Hum again after listening to this week's episode. I don't want to be critical of Scott, or of Scott, but I think they really undersold just how bad it is. It's 73 minutes long, and I've gotten through it in about half that time, because there is a lot of not goodness on it.

I could listen to Scott do the whole show in his Don Pardo voice. Kills me every time.

When Scott said "musical guest" I immediately hoped Scott would do the voice. Also hoped for an Ellen Cleghorne, but one can only ask for so much.

• Like 1

wow, Bruce Springsteen shows up at 1hr25min -- what a get!

• Like 2

Should we start doubting Scott's commitment to U2 after his GGs story? There's no doubt that Scott would have made out with Bono instead of Amy Poehler if he'd been there, but Bono was right there for the taking, and Scott did nothing!

• Like 1

here is a tribute i made for this good podcast, thank you mr scott and mr aukerman for this good podcast

4qSgTLP.jpg

• Like 13

Early on anyone catch when Adam Scott says "a worthy uh ..cause" when he was talking about the charity event he attended hahah i wish CrockPotterman called it out.. this podcast is fucking filled with amazing bits and it blows my brain haha thanks!

I don't think he actually said "uh", but he did pause for a second after "worthy", and I got VERY excited.

But seriously, you guys...college girls.

• Like 1

I love that the All About Houses theme is a Harry Potter song.

Perhaps Laura House could be a guest on the amazing podcast, "All About Houses".