🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 83 — Go To Rhino Records

Harold Bronson, co-founder of Rhino Records, joins Jake on this episode of The Fogelnest Files. Tune in to hear them talk about recording the first Rhino Records single with Wild Man Fischer, the relationship between Rock n' Roll & comedy, and working with Julie Brown. Plus hear how "Family Ties" broke Billy Vera & The Beaters, and the story of the real Sharona behind The Knack. As always, check out all the videos from this episode are over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles! If you’re in Los Angeles, come join Jake as he presents a midnight 35mm screening of Ladies and Gentleman: The Fabulous Stains on Friday, April 4th at Cinefamily! Go to www.cinefamily.org for tickets.

• Like 3

Holy shit Jake. These episodes are getting longer and better at the same time? Thursdays on earwolf are bananas.

• Like 2

A most excellent interview. I too was a huge Rhino Records guy in the 90s. Their compliations are some of the best music purchases I've ever bought. Having Harold Bronson is making me dig out my CDs and put them on....and I need to buy that book as well.

The interviews get better and better, Jake!

Holy shit Jake. These episodes are getting longer and better at the same time? Thursdays on earwolf are bananas.

I'll appreciate the long episodes a lot more now that ADPPP is done, but there's no way I can find time to listen to both of these and I4H in one day. Nice problem to have, I suppose.

I'll appreciate the long episodes a lot more now that ADPPP is done, but there's no way I can find time to listen to both of these and I4H in one day. Nice problem to have, I suppose.

You just have to listen to more Improv4Humans now on Thursdays...

I swear, Thursdays on Earwolf are like my Thursdays on TV...just packed from 7pm to midnight

FANTASTIC episode.

Incidentally, I'd love it if you had Mark Prindle on sometime. I actually sent him a link for this episode...

I know you guys kind of touched on it, but I wanted to say that my first introduction to Flo and Eddie was the Frank Zappa/Mothers album from the Fillmore in 1971. When I was about 13 I was digging through my fathers vinyl collection and what do I find but this...

Frank+Zappa+-+Fillmore+East+-+June+1971+-+LP+RECORD-383048.jpg

My mind was blown. It is still one of my favorite albums of all time. If you guys haven't heard this album, I highly recommend it. It's an amazing set and although there's clearly a lot of visual stuff going on, the music speaks for itself. Also, featuring Flo and Eddie!

Here's some footage from the same 71 tour, quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQYDTYuIf1k

• Like 3

Wonderful show- right up my alley. I love this inside baseball music talk, especially with the co-founder of Rhino Records which really meant something to me in my early adult life.

I always thought Jake sounded just like Dr. Demento. This episode clinched it.

Sign in to follow this