🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 279 — Reverse April Fools

This week’s Comedy Bing Buh has Scott & co-host Traci Rearden welcome back Patton Oswalt to answer some burning questions in honor of his new special Tragedy Plus Comedy Equals Time. How many guns should a person own? What exactly is a reverse April Fools? Should Patton bring back his first joke? All of these questions are answered plus a new visitor from a planet far far away by the name of Qthor drops by to get some tips on living on Earth.

Click here http://bit.ly/1gNR8YX to pre-order Patton’s new CD/DVD Tragedy Plus Comedy Equals Time on iTunes.

AHHHHHHGGGGGG!!! Yes!!

(06:38)

EDIT:

(I'm talking about Technicality No Down Boo Over)

I Love Lauren Lapkus. She is so funny and fast on her feet. Her "stealing a wig" line was so hilarious and sincere. And

@QTHor was awesome - I've never heard of Will Hines but he fit right in with such a strong cast.

• Like 3

Loved the first half!! The alien character to me felt like it really went nowhere , but I'll give it another listen- wish it was just the 3 whole show though

I don't know why, but I kind of enjoyed Patton Oswalt quoting Danger Zone and it getting no reaction in the room.

Lauren Lapkus was pretty great, but she basically always is.

Also, I don't want to cause any friction between Scott and Scott and put the future of U Talkin' U2 To Me? in the balance, but the talk turns to bassists and Scott names Larry Mullen as one? I think we have to question just how qualified he is to talk U2 to us!

Patton, Lauren, and Scott just vibing was flawless. No gaps or rumbling to a halt, everybody playing beautifully off each other...you could tell they were all having fun. I dig how Tracy is a plausible personality and not just a collection of overbig character traits and gimmicks.

Alien guy, the room worked hard to sell it but there wasn't a whole lot there.

I don't know why, but I kind of enjoyed Patton Oswalt quoting Danger Zone and it getting no reaction in the room.

Lauren Lapkus was pretty great, but she basically always is.

Also, I don't want to cause any friction between Scott and Scott and put the future of U Talkin' U2 To Me? in the balance, but the talk turns to bassists and Scott names Larry Mullen as one? I think we have to question just how qualified he is to talk U2 to us!

His complete inability to talk about U2 for duration of an hour and 15 minute podcast about said band has already raised these questions in my mind. Though I did enjoy the hell out of the last one, rarely has a podcast mandate been so thoroughly whiffed on.

I love tracy's little interjections, like when she just said "yummy!" after scott's humble pie joke. i don't know why but it just cracks me up, lauren lapkus can do so much with one word.

• Like 4

(No offense to anyone) but boy do i enjoy speech impediments ..great ep everyone was fantastic!!

really nice plugs too

I've forgotten if Scott being unable to say Comedy bi bag..Comedy ba bi...Comedy bo be ba... the name of the show is just something he started doing himself, or a product of something that happened in a previous episode. Anyone remember which it is?

I Love Lauren Lapkus. She is so funny and fast on her feet. Her "stealing a wig" line was so hilarious and sincere. And

@QTHor was awesome - I've never heard of Will Hines but he fit right in with such a strong cast.

I wasn't sure who was embodying @QTHor until I finished listening ... I was thinking it was Myq Kaplan.

Lauren is at the top of CBB guests.and itttttttttttttttttttttttssssssssssss beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen far too long since we hears from Patton. I enjoyed @QTHor as well. Good stuff all around.

"technicality. no down boo over."

this was such a randomly placed reference. i had to listen to it twice. and then i went back to listen to "Sex Party Season" in which Scott says "I'm trying to callback everything in this show"

and then my brain asploded.

• Like 2

Qthor was great, as were everyone else of course. This is a sleeper for my favorite episode so far this year.

The movie Traci has seen is Blue Jasmine, btw. It has a 98 minute running time, so she probably stood for the first 9 minutes to ensure that her pierced butt cheeks were not in danger of fusing together by the end of the film. Cutting it close tho!

• Like 2

I am always wary of new guest because I like the familiar but Will Hines was great. Really enjoyed his character.

• Like 7

"Like Alex Mac."

"From Mac and Me?"

Two great references from my childhood.

It seemed like Lauren was reaching for The Journey of Allen Strange, which aired around the same time, and is actually about an alien.

Lauren Lapkus is so fucking good, she's one of the best guests

• Like 1

Traci has a decent back catalog by this point. Four or five episodes? Methinks it is time to give them a binge-listen. Today's episode made me want more, so I've been listening to the Ep #265 RIOT LA at work all day. Traci is so great, Harris' Foam Corner is nice and fresh, and it introduced us all to JW Stillwater; for sure to be one of the top episodes on CBB's 2014 Best Of List.

EDIT: Here's the list of Traci appearances:

210 - A Spiritual Journey

218 - The 4th Anniversary Extravaganza!

265 - LIVE from RIOT LA

279 - Reverse April Fools

Additionally, when looking those up, I had totally blanked that Lauren also plays Scott's nephew Todd, and then she played Regina Crimp in that ep with David Alan Grier where she couldn't sing her song once without breaking. Makes me smile just remembering that! I'm probably going to give all her CBB episodes a re-listen now. Yay, Lauren!

• Like 4