🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 75 — A Good Ol’ Tavern Brawl

We follow grave digger Dag Darkomen (Brian Posehn), illusionist extraordinaire Houg Denning (Ken Daly), and elusive thief Lyra (Sarah Guzzardo) as they battle a couple of drunks during an open mic in a tavern headed by Lid (Blaine Capatch) on this week’s Nerd Poker! Plus, Gerry Duggan returns to roll up a new character!

• Like 1

I wont be listening til tonight at work but;

A Good Ol’ Tavern Brawl

We follow grave digger Dag Darkomen (Brian Posehn), illusionist extraordinaire Houg Denning (Ken Daly), and elusive thief Lyra (Sarah Guzzardo) as they battle a couple of drunks during an open mic in a tavern headed by Lid (Blaine Capatch) on this week’s Nerd Poker! Plus, Gerry Duggan returns to roll up a new character!

this alone rules!

God damn, did I miss Gerry. I never forgot him, though.

• Like 5

I can't believe that nobody landed on "one hit wonders" while riffing on their shared condition...

• Like 4

I love the personalities of the new group, but a gang of surly peach merchants would be more threatening in a fight. And they have no healer. I can't see them surviving for long.

• Like 1

"It's almost as if a good magician did something."

I am so in on this new setup. It's a hoot.

Francis (Gerry): "... I realized I made a terrible mistake... Why did you fight him?" HAHAHAHAHA!

Hug Denning (or is it Houg?) has already become my favorite character in all of Nerd Poker. The voice is so perfect! And the character is so rich! This rendition of the podcast seems more focused on the funny than on the game, which it turns out is fine with me. Keep up the great work! And keep up the shitty DMing.

• Like 5

Awesome episode. This is already so much more fun than "season 1". Great characters by everyone but have to jump on the Houg wagon.

Great DMing Blaine!

I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about the danger room scenarios, as I enjoyed trying to figure out the "end game." But, the characters are great and the storytelling has been fantastic as well. I will say that Gerry not rolling a healer, even after being told that Houg only has 1hp, befuddled me. On a personal note, I'm now feeling the pains of having to wait a week between each episode. I just finished my binge listening last week. Keep up the good work boys and Sarah. I can't wait to represent in my t-shirt!

• Like 1

Good Lord, this gang's a pack'a crazy people :o Sounds like things are ramping up! I'm warmin' up fan-art ideas, but I kinda wanna hold back and see whether Houg actually lasts more than four episodes. I didn't even know you could make a character with only 1 HP :D

In my experience, when someone brutally murders someone based on seemingly insufficient motive, it's super literary and deep (see e.g. The Stranger, Crime and Punishment). I therefore fully expect this Nerd Poker campaign to be taught in high school honors English classes in a few decades.

• Like 3

In my experience, when someone brutally murders someone based on seemingly insufficient motive, it's super literary and deep (see e.g. The Stranger, Crime and Punishment). I therefore fully expect this Nerd Poker campaign to be taught in high school honors English classes in a few decades.

there will be many midterm papers analyzing the exact meaning of the line "I'm a very unwise wizard."

• Like 1

I must say the amount of grabass in this ep was perfect.

I hope Lyra finds a last name, I was quite partial to Lyra Guzzardo.

• Like 1

Huzzah for the return of Gerry! It's been too long since he's graced us listeners with his melodic, dulcet tones.

I'm enjoying this craziness. From Houg trying to grab the kid (how fucking creepy was that; Brian was groaning) to Gerry burning down the tavern/nightclub, this has been such a whacked out story so far! What an effed up bunch of "heroes"

hugh_laurie_blackadder_huzzah.jpg

From Houg trying to grab the kid (how fucking creepy was that; Brian was groaning) to Gerry burning down the tavern/nightclub...

Not to mention, y'know, bringing an axe to a bar fight...

They mentioned that they might do a couple of these Danger Rooms "to get the Creative Juices flowing" but I hope they stick with this scenario for a while. I really like the characters and starting over kills the momentum.

• Like 1

They mentioned that they might do a couple of these Danger Rooms "to get the Creative Juices flowing" but I hope they stick with this scenario for a while. I really like the characters and starting over kills the momentum.

I second this.

Sign in to follow this