🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 156 — Acceptance

On today's episode of Professor Blastoff, Tig is on pills due to tooth problems, and the gang talks about Kyle's nutritionist, Celiac disease, Amy Schumer, and worship jams. Then, Becky Popelka from DePaul University comes to the hatch to talk about the process of accepting students into college, student reactions, and she recounts the story of how she got to her current position. Also, Tig talks about some of her old high school friends including Leopard Larry.

• Like 1

Kyle's Christian song had me in tears. So funny.

Kyle's Christian song had me in tears. So funny.

He was killing it in this ep!

Do they eat through the whole episode? I stopped listening after 10 minutes.

Same here.

Tig -

Regarding GEDs...

I left high school one month before turning 16. A few years later, I took my GED and went to a community college for one semester. I then wrote a lengthy admissions letter to Connecticut College, and scheduled an interview. I was accepted with 95% of my tuition on scholarship, and graduated with a triple major. I took tooooo long of a time off to paint and wander, then I applied for the PhD program at Brown. I come from such a poor, nonacademic background, that I didn't even know Brown was an Ivy League university. I was accepted - rec'd my MA, then had a huge issue with my homophobic, sexist advisor who refused to acknowledge the persecution of gays during the Holocaust. I promptly taught my own section on it, had a screaming match with him...and alas, walked out for good. Phuck dat. Anyway - this rambling is all to say, you, too, can get your PhD and maybe quit before your last few years, and hey maybe even become penniless from student loans, and drive a '95 Miata with metallic KISS stickers that cover up all of the rust spots.

Any topic that lends itself to stories from the childhoods/adolescences of Tig and Kyle is A-OK in my book.

A really great episode guys. Those worship jams made me laugh harder than I have in quite some time. On a much more somber note, I was listening to this episode while I was driving home from Santa Barbara the night that the outcast kid carried out his grisly revenge fantasy in Isla Vista making the subject of this week's podcast eerily topical.

Sign in to follow this