🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 468 - Claiming To Be Latina

Andrew Ti and special guest Christian Lander finish the week off by discussing a caller’s friend who has randomly begun claiming herself to be Latina as a white woman. As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

Just for funsies I googled white latino. According to wikipedia, "In the United States, a White Hispanic or White Latino[17] is a citizen or resident who is racially white (i.e., of primarily European descent) and of Hispanic descent."

Naturally, since people from Spain are white, but latino, this is a fairly large category. Apparently according to the 2010 census, about 26 million people in the US claim this category. Lots of famous ones even, like Cameron Diaz, Pitbull, Andy Garcia, Martin Sheen, Salma Hayek (I never would have guessed). But no, I'm sure that based on a critical neighbor's observation and a quick guess based on the name of a city, we can determine that she is a "lying fraud." Stay the course, you research-averse assholes.

Sign in to follow this