🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 194 — Empty Budweiser Bottle

Actor, comedian, and host, Kumail Nanjiani, joins Howard and Kulap on this week's episode of the podcast that almost never was, Who Charted? Tune in to hear Howard, Kumail, and Kulap discuss sexy Pakistanis, the best animal odd couples, and how to keep Ramhand, and stray dogs on track. Plus, Howard takes us all on a Hollywood Tour, Kumail talks about his favorite moment hosting The Meltdown, and the crew give a run down of all the sodas we all knew and loved.

Be sure to check out the new trailer for Kulap’s documentary, Origin Story at http://www.originstorydoc.com/, and support the project by going to it’s Indiegogo fundraising page: igg.me/at/originstorydoc. Don’t forget to follow us on twitter and facebook and #FF @originstorydoc!

Plus, pick up ‘Summah This, Summah That’ at http://howardkremer.bandcamp.com/album/summah-this-summah-that and head to http://teespring.com/gucruiseshirt to pick up your very own Gu Cruise T-shirt.

Don’t miss Howard’s glowing endorsement of Origin Story, available on YouTube.

That Christmas Pepsi Kumail was talking about was great, I miss it too. Apparently it was based on Swedish drink called Julmust, which is also a Christmas cola. I found out Ikea sells Julmust and specifically drove there to buy it, and got home and had some and it was awful. Such a bummer

We in Chicago don't really eat deep dish that often, usually just when people from out of town are visiting, or some special occasion.

There's another kind of Chicago style pizza, which is thin crispy crust cut into squares, which is more widely consumed on a regular basis. La Villa on the NW side on Pulaski and Addison is a great example of this.

And everyone from out of town sleeps on the lesser known of the three great Chicago foods: not pizza, not hotdogs, but Italian Beef sandwiches. Delicious roast beef on a italian roll with hot or sweet peppers, dipped in the juice (dipping and peppers optional but encouraged). So goddamn good, and not that bad for you (relativley)

• Like 2

Super fun episode. Can someone remind me where the title came from? (Or, as Scott would say, what was the titular line?)

Super fun episode. Can someone remind me where the title came from? (Or, as Scott would say, what was the titular line?)

Howard threw one at a dog when he was scared as a kid in New Jersey

• Like 2

I got frustrated at Howard when he said he dragged out his lunch so he could avoid watching GotG. Like, I get that it's part of the charm that he doesn't watch a lot of movies and has these ~uneducated~ opinions on the weekly film chart. But there comes a point where I just want to hear his thoughts on certain movies and he just never ever watches anything. He said GotG and Boyhood are on his radar but I doubt he'll see them (or if he watches Boyhood, he'll be bored because it's too long)

Anyway, good episode otherwise. Kumail is always a fun guest.

Sign in to follow this