🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Lando

HDTGM Jams Mega Mix

Deepest Bluest (Sharks Fin) had me thinking about the songs from the HDTGM movies and I wanted to put together a playlist of songs from HDTGM movies. I tried Spotify, but they didn't have the aforementioned Deepest Bluest, so I put together a youtube playlist. It's very incomplete so if anyone has either songs they want to add or a more collaborative way of creating a playlist feel free to suggest.

(also is there a way to embed playlists?)

• Like 3

Which is more listenable: Drinkenstein or Lep in the Hood?

Also added:

• Like 2

First of all, thank you for putting this out there,Lando! It is a fantastic distraction from doing anything productive at work.

Secondly, do the songs we suggest have to come exclusively from movies currently covered by HDTGM? I only ask because The Last Dragon (one of my legit favorite movies) has fantastic music and is totally ripe for the HDTGM treatment. Hopefully they will get around to it someday, but in the meantime here are three videos that help illustrate why this movie is so great:

(I'm not embedding the actual song for this one as I think it needs to be seen in context with the film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWVhiIisH30

I want to limit it only to songs from movies they have done otherwise it could get too big. However, I agree The Last Dragon needs to be done (and I would be able to watch it from my own collection) so hopefully those songs will make their way onto the playlist.

• Like 1

here is my inspired K-tel records album art for this collection.

99ky1e.jpg

Lando- anything else you would like just let me know, I am your man.

I've fine tuned it a bit more, it's almost perfect.

• Like 3

Yes, the Mortal Kombat Theme Song. for me that's the song we use in the end of the television ad that gets people to call in and order this wonderful collection and wouldn't you say this makes a great gift?

Ohha and we forgot painful noise.

Not Enough - Dolly Parton

• Like 2

I am trying to limit myself to one song per movie, so even though I'd like to add Mike Myers' "9 to 5" cover from the Love Guru, I think this is slightly better (i.e. shorter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDIJJtFesI

I also assume we'll need some From Justin to Kelly and Spice World stuff eventually....

• Like 2

I also assume we'll need some From Justin to Kelly and Spice World stuff eventually....

God dam it, Cameron H. how are they going to get this onto a two recorded set!

• Like 2

here is my inspired K-tel records album art for this collection.

99ky1e.jpg

Lando- anything else you would like just let me know, I am your man.

I've fine tuned it a bit more, it's almost perfect.

Oh. My. God. You hit it perfectly. I can just see the infomercial with Paul and one of the guys from Air Supply telling me about this collection of songs right now as if it's some time after 2AM but before 6AM.

Oh man, how did I miss Mortal Kombat?

Also, I MUST include the Blind Guardian song from In The Name Of The King:

• Like 2

I am trying to limit myself to one song per movie, so even though I'd like to add Mike Myers' "9 to 5" cover from the Love Guru, I think this is slightly better (i.e. shorter)

I thought the same thing, but I have two from Over The Top (Sammy Hagar and Kenny Loggins), so if you feel like there are multiple songs that deserve to be on the playlist then don't hesitate and post them all.

Also if anyone is wondering how I am sorting them I chose by popularity, which adds its own interesting layer to the list.

• Like 1

I added a bunch more. So far the only one I could think of, but not find was Yolanda & Steve - Memories of Things from Toys.

• Like 1

Didn't the Smurfs sing some 80s song too?

I think so, but shouldn't it be included as a hidden track?

• Like 1