🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 86 — Ross Mathews, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes encounter a new Earwolf engineer and talk about the hot new movies Aloha and San Andreas. Then, ROSS MATHEWS comes by the studio to talk about bagel class with Sean, give Intern Andy advice about interning, and answer Popcorn Gallery questions about working for Jay Lego and an ancient fable.

• Like 12

Feels great to sit upon the first comment spot, looking down on all the unworthy.

Fuck you guys.

• Like 23

Fuck you guys

Joe, your dad's a boat captain, too?

I mean, that's what the first post is for, right? Boat captains and their relatives.

Congratulations.

• Like 19

Agata, Joe, Chanson, and Tim. Just like the old days.

Hey guys, please do check out my Vlog. It's really good, and if youlike vlogs please you can check it our that will be great fo rma dnf ro america and actually for evferyon who ants to wacth my flog will enjoy it in fact.

• Like 24

... and talk about the hot new movies Aloha ...
I'm excited to hear the guys talk about "Aloha," because I've seen that movie and will be able to bring my own opinions to their conversation.
  • Like 5

Sean has always been built, but I feel like his biceps are really popping in some of these pics. IDK, maybe I've just never looked at him like that before.

I love the Hollywood Handbook!

• Like 6

I need to read Moby Dick so I can make a proper reference to that top comment spot being my white whale.

• Like 7

I'd like to think I'm a big supporter of Andy, but his interview style keeps escalating in such bad way. Goodness gracious!!

• Like 2

Really good epi. I always enjoy when the boys do close reading of media, so Sean taking down those movies was great. Hayes is obviously too busy being a new york hot shot to pitch in but hell, being a NYHS sounds pretty cool. Ross Mathews was delightful, really got the show and i'm going to download his p-cast right away. Good on ya Andy for being "game" too.

I need to read Moby Dick so I can make a proper reference to that top comment spot being my white whale.

Ya you should

• Like 2

Remember that bald music man. Imagine him like a BONER. That's a moby dick I wouldn't want to catch!!

(Is Moby Dick the whale's name. Maybe I should read it too. You guys want to start a book club?)

PS: Good episode I liked when [spoilerS!]everyone laughed and was happy at the end. It made me feel good! 5/5

• Like 6

(Is Moby Dick the whale's name. Maybe I should read it too. You guys want to start a book club?)

I bet we could just pool our collective knowledge and adapt it into a screenplay.

• Like 3

I bet we could just pool our collective knowledge and adapt it into a screenplay.

I know there's a Captain Abed who wants people to call him Ishmell and he's chasing down a whale that may or may not be called Moby Dick.

Why's he not want people to know his name? He on the run?

Why's he chasing this whale? It murder Abed's wife?

Also I thought of a thing like Scott would say on the other show "I've heard of a dog chasing its tail, but A MAN CHASING A WHALE!!?" (This actually seems familiar has he said it before ???)

• Like 4

Feels great to sit upon the first comment spot, looking down on all the unworthy.

Fuck you guys.

Just know that no matter who gets that first comment spot, we are all second to agata (and sometimes July).

• Like 6

Sorry to be disrespectful of Ross. I genuinely wanted to know how Jay Lego's butt got so shiny.

• Like 4

My podcast review:

This was a really great episode of a podcast and I enjoyed the experience of listening to it. Eagle-eared listeners will detect Intern Andy's distinctive chuckle during the ads

• Like 11

Having submitted a popcorn gallery question really brought something ugly out from inside of me. I skipped right to the end of the show to hear if any of my questions got asked. What have I become? Is this my white whale?

• Like 11

I know there's a Captain Abed who wants people to call him Ishmell and he's chasing down a whale that may or may not be called Moby Dick.

Why's he not want people to know his name? He on the run?

Why's he chasing this whale? It murder Abed's wife?

Also I thought of a thing like Scott would say on the other show "I've heard of a dog chasing its tail, but A MAN CHASING A WHALE!!?" (This actually seems familiar has he said it before ???)

Having submitted a popcorn gallery question really brought something ugly out from inside of me. I skipped right to the end of the show to hear if any of my questions got asked. What have I become? Is this my white whale?

I think we're really making progress here. I'm thinking we go full art house with this picture. Like just a collage of people's white whales and also actual white whales. It will kind of be like Samsara which I haven't seen but I think I might know what it's about.

• Like 4

Aloha? More like Aloha (it also means goodbye, because I thought the movie was bad and I'm ushering it out of my life).

Good ep, but you knew I was going to say that.

• Like 5

A very enjoyable show.

I thought the "intro talking over the theme" bit was a top 5 all time. I was walking home at the time and I'm sure a few people saw me laughing. They probably thought I was weird initially but then realised it was actually Tuesday so i had a valid reason to be laughing to myself in public.

I'm glad Sean referenced the swell poster I'm sure a lot of us have as well:

o1yRR3I.jpg

• Like 11

Hey guys,

How's everyone?

Show's been crushing lately.

• Like 21