🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 6 — Battlefield Earth

It is rumored that Battlefield Earth contains subliminal messages designed to brainwash people into joining The Church of Scientology. If so, Paul, Jason, June, and Rob Huebel are the smartest, most able-minded people ever to sit down and suffer through it. If you share Jason's rage at the inconsistency of this film or Rob's anger at the extreme un-sexiness of the characters, than you must join us for this celebration of awfulness. Plus, listen to hear if your Razzie category was selected. Keep sending in your movie suggestions, and join us on Facebook.

• Like 1

netflix review of note: In Oregon, we have legally assisted suicide. In the other 49 states, you can use this movie for the same effect.

If I might be so bold as to share, here's a thing I did last fall:

I called it a "Manzoupercut", focusing on Jason's outbursts in the BATTLEFIELD EARTH episode.

• Like 4

At 14:20 Jason says, "Guys, there is a sequence in this movie a thousand years from now where cavemen sit in a flight simulator at Fort Hood and learn to fly Harrier jets and then do."

But about 14 minutes later (28:11), after he announces, "It's the year 3000!?" he says, "I had no idea that it was the year 3000... I just thought it was indeterminate near catastrophic future."

He basically said it earlier, but then is shocked when someone else mentions it. Did Jason lose his mind with this one?

Maybe he meant "a thousand years from now" hyperbolicly? I don't know. I suppose it's just as likely this movie broke his mind. I didn't have the mental fortitude to finish it myself.

• Like 1

after watching battlefield earth, I am sold on Scientology. I am going to sell all my worldly possessions and move out to California and devote my life to the Church of Scientology, Leverage. I am going to do this before the big mother ship comes down and makes us all eat mice, silly hu-manos... I know i maybe sounding like I am over reacting but we've only got tell the year 3000 people!

Holy shit! Just listened to this podcast and at a point they talk about this movie becoming a trilogy. Jason Mantzoukas says that he can only pray that M. Night Shyamalan directs the rest. Literally- After Earth anyone?!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this