🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
engineerdoug

Episode 107 — Maybe It's Maybelline

In podcasting, you do a lot of things you don't want to do. This episode isn't one of those things! Our guests are the hilarious John Mulaney and Nick Kroll. You know what that means? We'll hear some of their classic characters like Freckle Face and John's Uncle Cowboy. Learn "how the bread is made" on Saturday Night Live and how Law & Order has informed John's comedy career. Come for the Plane Break, stay for the Plugs!

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm not gonna lie. I haven't listened to the episode yet. And, i don't want this to sound whiny, but I noticed that with the new format of the website there's no where for the name of the character(s) that are on the show to go. You have the guests but not who's playing who. It's just a small gripe, but I felt like it should be noted.
Anyway, thanks, I guess... I'll just end this comment now.

Great episode! I was just listening to Mulaney's great What's New Pussycat? bit a few days ago, and actually thought to myself "I hope John Mulaney comes on Comedy Bang Bang if he's ever in Los Angeles at some point between SNL seasons." And, thanks to that surprise buzzer-beating appearance by Uncle Cowboy, I got all I could've wanted and more.

(Also: in the comments section of the 2-year anniversary episode (pre-redesign) someone joked that Paul Scheer does a great "Paul Scheer with a slightly deeper voice"-character, but Mulaney's old man is truly the top dog when it comes to "vocally-puzzling, indistinguishable from one's normal speaking voice"-characters.)

Glad to know I'm not the only one watching inordinate amounts of Law & Order and its spin-offs.

Also, the "bag of oats" comment about Sex & the City was hilarious!

• Like 1

Plane breaks should be a compulsory segment. Joint best section along with plugs

Oh Fabrice, 'More Than Words' was an Extreme song. By the way, Stefon is by far my favorite SNL character. When Bill cracks up I can't help myself. Actually Stefon would be a great character in SVU, there could be a midget transvestite murder in a seedy club and he could be Marishka's Hardandgay helper.

• Like 1

Oh wow Mulaney is so goddamned quick, great great episode. Nick Kroll can do anything

Oh wow Mulaney is so goddamned quick, great great episode. Nick Kroll can do anything

If someone could draw a picture of everyone in the booth during that second segment (Fabrice Fabrice, Don Pardo as Marv Albert, George St. Geegland and Gil Faizon, John Mulvaney, Nick Kroll, and Scott Aukerman) I would be eternally grateful.

If someone could draw a picture of everyone in the booth during that second segment (Fabrice Fabrice, Don Pardo as Marv Albert, George St. Geegland and Gil Faizon, John Mulvaney, Nick Kroll, and Scott Aukerman) I would be eternally grateful.

If someone could draw a picture of everyone in the booth during that second segment (Flying Fabrice Fabrice, Don Pardo as Marv Albert, Uncle Cowboy, George St. Geegland and Gil Faizon, the Coen Brothers, John Mulaney, Nick Kroll, and Scott Aukerman) I would be eternally grateful.

Nick Kroll should start doing his own podcast. I'd love to hear his characters interact like PFT does in the Tomkast. Mulaney was hilarious also, but Kroll is definitely in the top 3 of comedians who do characters on CDR/CBB.

I wonder if John Mulaney had actually done his law and order jokes for the full cast if they would have enjoyed it or hated it. Please bring back the jet song!

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes of CBB ever. I love the direction the show's been headed in lately.

Sign in to follow this