🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 111 — Hi, How Are You?

Two Comedy Bang Bangs in one week? Why, this must be a Christmas miracle! I bet this is how all those homeless people felt when David Guy Levy, producer of the upcoming film Terri, generously gave to the LA Food Bank this past Christmas. However, as you'll learn from this episode, his donation was not completely selfless: He got to co-host Comedy Bang Bang! Along with mostly-enjoyed guest Harris Wittels and a special surprise guest he brought himself, David guides us through segments like Harris' Phone Corner and the What's Up Hot Dog Memorial Plugs. Be sure to see Terri this weekend! David supports us so let's support him!

I'd like to note that just yesterday I was thinking about how Harris should be on the show again, but I assumed it would be some time because he was busy writing television shows. I'd also like to note that I've never been so happy to be wrong!

What a treat to wake up to this, it's like getting a surprise present from someone just because they love.

David was a great co-host. His reactions to Harris' Foam Corner were classic. And now, thanks to David and Brett, we finally know why Scott created Earwolf! P.S. Harris, I voted for Foam Corner. But I still want to hear more Jack. I bet there's more to that lumberjack than anyone expects. Well... probably not.

Scott was incorrect when he said The American people voted for Foam corner. I'm a listener from London, I voted for foam corner as well. Although my ideal solution was always for him to have Jack the lumberyard owner to do foam corner.

And dammit, I meant to write "you" on the end of my previous post, and now I can't edit it.

I want to hear it so bad! ...but direct download isn't working. Same for the latest installments of Who Charted and Sklarbros Country. The Wolf dead? Que viva el Lobo de Orejas.

Jesse, you can download it from here without problem- http://comedydeathrayradio.libsyn.com/111-david-guy-levy-harris-wittels-brett-gelman?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+comedydeathrayradio+%28Comedy+Bang+Bang%3A+The+Podcast%29&utm_content=FeedBurner

Hopefully we'll figure out what's been going wrong with the direct downloads. In the future, if there is ever an issue, try out the RSS feed and see if that download works. In today's case, it does.

Just drove through south central LA blasting, Fuck White People by Bret Gelman, everyone gave me props

Bret Gelman's show better be for real. Even if it's a few minutes of storytime.

Also, I don't care what bits Harris does as long as we get to hear a Reggie Watts theme.

Gelman you conniving piece of shit. I hope you do get a podcast so I can listen to it every week and be all fuckin judgy towards it.

This show was awesome. It took that left turn that I love in my favorite CBB episodes. Also, Scott saying "shut up!" or "shut the fuck up!" is the funniest thing to me.

so stoked that just yesterday i replied here wanting wittels and gelman on the show again. the bang bang gods are great... great, indeed.

seriously, this is one of the best episodes of the year.

Threw me for a loop! I want to back Josh up and agree that Scott yelling "Shut the fuck up!" is hilarious. Second, I LITERALLY (nods at Jason Mantzoukas) almost spit out my Mountain Dew at Harris' Blockbuster Foam Corner joke. I would also like to reiterate that the only music played during this show ever should be from Reggie Watts because the rest.......meehh. Great show guys! Hope to see some of you on the east coast soon!

I can't find the Laura Prepon Grey Poupon crouton Groupon anywhere online. I'm calling Bullshit!

• Like 2

BTW, is this a bonus episode or is this episode just being released early and there will be no new CBB on Monday?

Scott. I know you've probably thought of this, because, like Weird Al, there is nothing you haven't thought of, but-

Rocky Aukerman = Raukerman ~= Rockerman.

Since people usually change their pet's names, please do that with this.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I haven't listened to any of this episode yet, but it's pride week here in Toronto, which means I'm legally allowed to sexually e-ssault Harris. You asked what I want to see from HW, and let's just say it's not his vote i want to split - ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (etc).

Ps I ran into Drew Droge here and I used up all of my "relatively normal earlwolf fan"dom on him, so this is what you get now.

Ugh.... I already regret being such a dumb drunk homo, and yet nothing can be done. (Short of editing everything slutty out of my post. So, I should say, "nothing effortless can be done". Happy Pride week everyone.)

This was best episode of all 111. I even felt compelled to register on earwolf in order to say that.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this