🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 11 — Altered States

There are many ways to experience this world around us. Whether haunted by nightmares or high off of unfiltered cigarettes, the altered state can be scary and confusing. Unless, of course, you are our guest Doug Benson who has cultivated a fruitful career all while under the fog of marijuana. Join us, sober or not, as we discuss the ingesting, enjoyment, and occasional riskiness of taking drugs. Join us on Facebook and leave an iTunes review (if you don't get too distracted and hungry).

I loved Dave's story about doing psychedelics in the woods and how his perception was based upon his mood. And then the next day, just boring nature. I couldn't think of a better way of describing the LSD experience.

Professor Blastoff, you're giving Who Charted and CBB a run for their money for my favorite podcast!

I would probably buy your new offices if I could see a picture of a 9 year old Tig smoking a Pall Mall. Tig,with the wig holding a cig.Classic.

Great episode. And nice to hear one where Kyle, David & Tig at least can agree on the fact of drugs' existence. The description of Tig's mom seemed appropriately no-bullshit. Just preordered Good One, too, excited to hear it. Keep having great guests on, good stuff guys!

Yep, definately giving CBB and WC a run for their money. This is becoming my most anticipated weekly podcast. Awesome epy this week! It's for people that are in the "know".

Harrison, I suspect that is just the PCP they were doing. I imagine the Professor wanted them sedated for the head-switching surgery.

Yeah, the audio was definitely a little quiet to me too. The earwolf tag at the end hurt my ears.

Hey T&K&D,

Wow-lots of fun to be had on this show! Doug was a great guest and definitely an expert, for all those "expert requesters" out there in Earwolf Land. One idea could have been a pro/con discussion with a former heavy smoker, but that could have easily gone off the rails (or out of the hatch), too. Eeveryone was really funny this week.

Thanks again,
Jamey

I was listening to this the entire way to a Doug Benson show yesterday. Really made the show better knowing how high he was.

I totally believe that story about the couple breaking up after doing shrooms. the shrooms coudl have made the guy realize that his girlfriend looked a lot like someone that repulsed him, perhaps a family member? similar bone structure, similar facial features between different people can exist between different sexes as well. his subconscious was probably wondering this whole time and needed a push from shrooms for it to become actuality. 'holy shit, from the corner of my eye, i kinda see my mom' your subconsious can act as a really effective denial mechanism that it just burries that thought deep in your brain for it to be out of the way. shrooms won't allow that denial mechanism to work as well.

or they could have turned him gay. eitherway, great show!

Please use a compressor/limiter! I shouldn't have to get up and turn down the volume every time someone laughs or says something loud

I had just watched Altered States (1980) a week prior to this episode. kept expecting a mention

I'm catching up on the show, I missed the last month or so worth. I'm about 20 minutes into this episode and Doug just mentioned that he doesn't dream anymore. I have this as well, but I've had it since LONG before I started smoking pot. In fact, I only had one dream until I was about 8 years old. I would every few months have the falling dream and it would always happen the same way. Now I'm 22, and the only time I ever really dream is when I take melatonin to help me get to sleep when I have work early the next day. Weird

Alcohol is more of a poison than mushrooms. Mushrooms are hardly a drug, you're more sober than when you're sober on them.

Sign in to follow this