🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
shahruz

Episode 32 - Water Slides & Pizza

With summer in full swing, it's time to bring in someone who knows a thing or two about living on the beach and in the sun: Joe Lo Truglio! He changed out of his acid-washed jeans and parked his zephyr and he's full prepared to discuss hip hop, movies, and geese (well, one particular goose). Lil' Joe knows plenty about the Detroit film scene and knipfing hunting, but can he keep up with Hermes the Chart Goose or with the Odd Jobs Bonus Chart? You'll just have to listen and find out! Spoiler Alert: Sloppy Timmy is back!

I love the new additions - Chart Chatter and Sloppy Timmy's Kids Charts. Great ideas!

I don't think anyone has ever laughed as hard as I did when Sloppy Timmy came on.

Also, now Who Charted? and CBB are tied in the number of members of The State they've had on, and that's a contest everyone wins!

Every one of those hip hop songs sounded exactly the same!!! Music is extremely shitty these days. Middle-aged people be hatin'!!!

I enjoy the way Howard's questions tend to be very open to any number of interpretations. I feel like it puts everyone at ease.

Example:
"Have you ever shot anything up in Detroit?"
Answer Option 1: No, I'd like to shoot a movie there, though,
Answer Option 2: Heroin
Answer Option 3: A coked up hobo that wouldn't stop following me.

Howard and Joe the reason you did not hallucinate after drinking absinthe is because in the US it is illegal for it to contain wormwood with is what gives it its hallucinogenic properties.

Austin, you can ALWAYS find the bonus charts on Earwolf. There is one for each episode! Only sometimes are they included in the ep themselves. But there is always a bonus chart to be had :)

It's time for "The State" to have a reunion special. First skit, the farting stone.

I am tickled pink every time someone is flabbergasted by the Chart Darts/Roulette/Goose. Just the sound Joe gasping and laughing as he realized what this crazy chart is actually about. Even though everyone should listen to the podcast, it's kind of great that guests get caught off guard having not listened.

All 5 of the "Hip-Hop" songs were the same kind of slow jam, but that's no different from when I was a kid and the top 5 "rock" songs were all power ballads by the likes of Richard Marx and Bon Jovi.

Young people be lovin' midtempo songs about the sex they aren't having yet

According to my IMDBpro StarMeter readings:

Medium Joe: Current rank: 3,234
Lil' Ku: Current rank: 18,653
Big Wee-Wee: Current rank: 30,684

Pretty sure it's "Kree-ay-shawn" (as in "Creation").

Intuitively, I 100% agree, but that isn't the way she ever says it:

First 10 seconds. I dunno. Maybe it has just devolved into Craw-Shawn because it's one less annunciation. Prly not a wrong answer + this is for a different forum, haha. Either way, she's awesome.

Sign in to follow this