🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 47 - Star Wars with Anthony Forrest

On the first of three very special Star Wars trilogy episodes of I Was There Too, Matt is joined by Anthony Forrest who plays the sand trooper mind-tricked by Obi-Wan Kenobi at the Mos Eisley roadblock who said 'These aren’t the droids we’re looking for,' in George Lucas’ 1977 film Star Wars. Anthony tells us how he was cast as the sand trooper after also being cast as Luke Skywalker’s friend Fixer in the deleted scenes from the film, not being able to see a thing in the helmet, and getting to work with Lucas, Guinness, and Hamill. We also hear tales of rubbing elbows with Roger Moore in the James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me and getting to see John Lennon and Yoko Ono during their 'Bed-In for Peace' campaign. Later, top secret guest Starship 1 returns to talk more about her audition for Star Wars: Episode 8. Plus, a classic Star Wars Superego sketch!

Great ep, pretty much an ideal IWTT guest.

Sadly, I know that "Starship 1" isn't legit because she never called it SPACE BEARS.

• Like 1

This was a great episode. As a pretty big Star Wars fan, I am ashamed to admit that I had no idea the "Move along" stormtrooper and Fixer were played by the same actor. This episode also led me to watch Elstree 1976, which I would highly recommend.

Sign in to follow this