🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Jason made fun of us on the show for talking about the Rogue One trailer so why not just consolidate all of our talk and dedicate an entire thread topic to talkin' trailers.

Beauty and the Beast just came out today and holy bananas, Batman, I AM SO EXCITED! I don't give a fuck if it's a CGI mess, if it's a literal shot for shot remake, or if the acting is terrible. I will be there for Thursday night previews on the verge of tears because this story means that much to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvW_L8sTu5E

Oh also today I actually saw a guy write the words "...they really should have casted someone easier on the eyes" in regards to Emma Watson as Belle. And yes it was a serious statement.

• Like 5

Easier on the eyes than Emma Watson? That man, I declare, is a lunatic. Away with him.

This looks fun - my entire relationship with the cartoon version is watching it with my kids (it came out when I was 12 when I was 'too cool' for that stuff so didn't see it until adulthood) so when i saw this trailer I was bracing myself for another teeth-pulling session that these films usually represent to parents with kids (witness: 'Trolls'), but this looks pretty good. Then when we add the music (nearly none of which is in this trailer) that's a pretty good time, I'd say. The biggest questions for me when it comes to Disney filming their cartoon canon: will we get a CGI 'Fox and the Hound'? Or 'Robin Hood'?

• Like 2

Oh also today I actually saw a guy write the words "...they really should have casted someone easier on the eyes" in regards to Emma Watson as Belle. And yes it was a serious statement.

Well, if you completely ignore that she's objectively beautiful (both inside and out from what I can tell) then I can kind of see his point...

• Like 2

Well, if you completely ignore that she's objectively beautiful (both inside and out from what I can tell) then I can kind of see his point...

Eh, probably has a vicious mean streak, which includes not tipping at least 15% on meals.

• Like 2

I now have to directly quote the entire paragraph where he mentions this because it's too hilarious

Emma Watson is really plain looking in comparison, in my opinion. They really needed to pick an actress a little easier on the eyes and that really hit home the "beauty" part.... I mean her acting chops are decent and she's well recognized thanks to Harry Potter... which are usually the more important qualities... but they needed an actress that really remind people of Belle as first glance.

Just...

post-53126-Bill-Murray-looks-at-camera-gi-68fK.gif

• Like 3

I now have to directly quote the entire paragraph where he mentions this because it's too hilarious

Erhm....."really plain looking in comparison"? In comparison to what, a rainbow-belching unicorn with a heart of gold and smile to match?!?! Yeah, I guess she'd be "really plain looking in comparison" to something like that. Who's the wonk who uttered that quote? It wasn't Donald...was it?

• Like 3

Erhm....."really plain looking in comparison"? In comparison to what, a rainbow-belching unicorn with a heart of gold and smile to match?!?! Yeah, I guess she'd be "really plain looking in comparison" to something like that. Who's the wonk who uttered that quote? It wasn't Donald...was it?

Ha sorry I forgot about the context. It's in comparison to cartoon Belle lololol.

• Like 3

Ha sorry I forgot about the context. It's in comparison to cartoon Belle lololol.

batman-laughing.gif

He's right, though. I am so sick of real people not being as hot as cartoon characters.

• Like 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

[media='']

[/media]

First, I'm not sure how I feel about them re-using Hooked on a Feeling to soundtrack the sequel trailer. That was a bit disappointing.

But second, I really love this trailer. Maybe just because it's the 1st trailer or maybe because they actually know better, but they don't actually give away anything about the plot or villain and almost every clip in the trailer is a really tight close-up shot. So it doesn't reveal any of the major set pieces or plot twists. All it gives are tiny morsels of eye-candy and character design. It's perfect. I avoid most trailers because they're all so damn spoilery these days and this was refreshing.

Re: Beauty & the Beast*, Obvy it should have been Gal Gadot. Gadot 4 all the lady parts. Errr, you know what im saying.

(Just trolling, couldn't be bothered with live-action fairy tales and Emma Watson's clearly gorgeous)

• Like 2

Re: Beauty & the Beast*, Obvy it should have been Gal Gadot. Gadot 4 all the lady parts. Errr, you know what im saying.

(Just trolling, couldn't be bothered with live-action fairy tales and Emma Watson's clearly gorgeous)

Someone did throw out Emmy Rossum and I was like ooooh yes, but then remembered how shitty Hollywood can be and they probably thought she was too old.

Re: GotG - I had the same thoughts as you about Hooked on a Feeling but I have this feeling (joke kind of intended) that James Gunn is trying to keep more of the second soundtrack a secret? Idk but it did give me that same sense that Star Trek Beyond did by reusing Sabotage like, "Hey guys remember how much you loved the first move!? Right!? Right??!!!??"

Except I have more faith in GotG 2.

Is the new Beauty and the Beast going to have all the songs from the original? It's too bad some of the original voice actors have passed on, like Angela Lansbury and Jerry Orbach. It looks great though, although Gaston doesn't look quite as beefy as his cartoon version.

Is the new Beauty and the Beast going to have all the songs from the original? It's too bad some of the original voice actors have passed on, like Angela Lansbury and Jerry Orbach. It looks great though, although Gaston doesn't look quite as beefy as his cartoon version.

Angela Lansbury's still kicking! She was touring 'Blithe Spirit' as recently as last year. She'll outlive us all. ;)

• Like 5

Someone did throw out Emmy Rossum and I was like ooooh yes, but then remembered how shitty Hollywood can be and they probably thought she was too old.

Yeah but if they cast Emmy Rossum we'd be forced to make comparisons between this and Joel Schumacher's god-awful 'Phantom of the Opera' that she played Christine in (opposite 'Gamer''s own Kable). Same basic character trope: frail yet feisty artistic type tames a monster. Emma's a nice casting choice, I think.

• Like 1

Great News! Angela Lansbury is still alive!

tumblr_ldn4v1m3rx1qeg8wco1_400.gif

To be honest, though, I prefer the original animated versions to the live action stuff. If it's going to be shot for shot, what's the point? At least bring something new to the table.

• Like 3

Angela Lansbury's still kicking! She was touring 'Blithe Spirit' as recently as last year. She'll outlive us all. ;)

Beat me to it :)

• Like 1

Well, how about that. Time for a Murder She Wrote reboot!

Okay this is something that honestly needs to happen now. Or at the very least a Murder She Wrote movie!

COME ON ANGELA!!!

• Like 2

Jason made fun of us on the show for talking about the Rogue One trailer so why not just consolidate all of our talk and dedicate an entire thread topic to talkin' trailers.

lets create a podcast all about trailers will show Jason whos boss. Mind you I think the The Golden Briefcase podcast did that once and ended up cutting it out because of the fact it's audio based and nothing is more boring then listening to podcasts about film trailers.

This weeks gem stone "Dog Eat Dog 2016"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UFA8btZ-4

and before the end credits Nicolas Cage gives us a Humphrey Bogart accent that is really not explained.

• Like 2

why would they do a Murder She Wrote reboot! what fucking story do they really need to tell. I could see the plot-line for this, I've got it rather then one old lady solving mysteries by herself, the story opens with Jessica Fletcher funeral, she had passed away and her family found this book of unsolved mysteries she could never solve. so her long lost daughter who was busy getting her masters degree in forensic science comes home to pay her respects and find this book, her notes. but she's got a group of super duper team of experts who are out to help her solve the missing cases.. that's all I've got so far. I call it Murder She Wrote: the lost cases. and she had a lot of them... LOL

Episode one: The nursing home.

Episode two: The caregiver

Episode three: The Chair Lift

Episode four: The Missing Pills !

Episode five: The Safeways meat manager

Episode six: The Orange Julius

• Like 5

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2

[media='']

[/media]

Admittedly as a disclosure, I am not a fan of superhero movies. My brother and I read comic books as kids, but I never stuck with them. He's still a fan, though probably mostly out of having a son who's obsessed with superheroes. I have a son obsessed with superheroes, but he's only four, so he is pretty limited in what he's seen.

Now, down to brass tacks. I saw three superhero movies for the first time over the last week, because they're currently On Demand.

1. I watched The Avengers (2012) last week. Not my cup of tea, but I can see why people are big fans. B-.

2. I had Friday off from work and watched Deadpool. Really good. Solid B/B+.

3. Then saw Guardians of the Galaxy Sunday and then rewatched most of it last night. Holy cow. A-.

--Rad vintage soundtrack.

--Unique, interesting characters. I was unfamiliar with the story and it makes me want Marvel to put out more from lesser-known characters.

--Ronan is a badass and I kind of wish he was only kind of dead for a potential sequel appearance.

--Space!

--Groot is awesome. I'm indifferent on Rocket and Gamora.

--I'm a straight, married guy with kids...and now have a bit of a man crush on Chris Pratt.

--Why not an A or A+? Some too-corny moments and Drax. No, not excited about Drax in the sequel.

So yeah, consider me excited for GotG Part Deux. Until I saw Elie's post, I had no idea that a trailer was even out. It made my day!

Seeing GotG opening weekend with a packed audience of nerds was one of the best theater-going experiences I've ever had. And I go to the theater a lot. Even though I've seen it several times and still love it, that first experience with that crowd was just amazing and really elevated the movie itself. Every joke is that much better with a big part of the audience laughing hysterically even if this or that joke didn't land as well with you yourself. So that really helped with the Drax and groot jokes. Alternatively, opening weekend for Dr.Strange wasn't even remotely the same, most jokes still fell flat. That was the best barometer to tell me I wasn't crazy in thinking it was a poor effort from marvel.

• Like 3

My only worry about this adaptation is that it will be like Jungle book in that the overall story and acting will be good but the singing will be very lackluster, like it was in the Jungle Book. From looking at the cast, they have great actors providing the voices, but none of them I can really see selling the music outside of Stanley Tucci, Josh Gad, and maybe Kevin Kline.

• Like 2

My only worry about this adaptation is that it will be like Jungle book in that the overall story and acting will be good but the singing will be very lackluster, like it was in the Jungle Book. From looking at the cast, they have great actors providing the voices, but none of them I can really see selling the music outside of Stanley Tucci, Josh Gad, and maybe Kevin Kline.

Well Ewan McGregor has been known to sing from time to time as well.

• Like 2