🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 37 - Kellyanne Conway Hates Facts (w/ Julie Brister)

Former campaign manager and “Trump whisperer” Kellyanne Conway (Julie Brister) stops by Hard Nation to enthuse about the President-elect and our glorious future. Mark joins her in imagining Ted Cruz’s moist lips, cheering Omarosa’s possible appointment to Trump’s cabinet, and shaming Pete’s drug use, while Pete considers setting himself on fire. #FeelingsTrumpFacts #HesOurPresident #GetOverIt

I love this show, but I'm starting to not be able to listen. The insanity of our current situation is too close now. This isn't satire anymore, it's just life. Him calling the guy who shot up the pizza place a 'patriot' isn't extreme or even a joke. People are saying that. I don't know what to feel anymore.

I feel you. I thought I would feel that way after the election, and I was glad that they did an old-timey episode immediately after, but I've started feeling the opposite. I think my best attempt to rationalize it would be that this show is pretty much the only thing in comedy right now that goes so far into the realm of insanity that it consistently gets more insane than reality.

Testing, testing! I think.... I think my account is working now and I can finally post to Earwolf forums! O happy day!

I have to agree that the 'Hard Nation' podcast is barely politics. And that's why I love it. It always degenerates (a good thing!) into just pure improv silly absurdity with stream of consciousness giggle material.

'The Daily Show' and the John Oliver show are more like "real" politics. Sure, it's comedy, but they are not doing characters; they are just doing monologues that are humorous analysis.

I really enjoy the 'Hard Nation' format, of having fellow improv guests on, and just... see what comes out. Both Mike Still and Paul Welsh are very talented at keeping the chatter going, and it usually goes off the rails into the bushes where no politics live. So I for one don't ever get "worked up" about politics while listening.

Anyway, keep up the great work; I've been waiting for a silly podcast that does not take itself seriously and this one fits the bill. I grab each ep as soon as they come out.

:)