🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — Immortality

Today on Professor Blastoff we explore immortality. Like Ponce de Leon searching for the Fountain of Youth, Tig, David, and Kyle (via internet magic) search for microscopic nanorobots, rats growing ears, and The Singularity in an attempt to answer the all important question "Do you really want to live forever?" Put your game of Toilet Mack Truck Turbo 2 on pause and journey through time and space with Professor Blastoff and the gang.

David, I was one of the faceless masses that greeted you after your opening bit for Doug Benson at Acme Comedy Club in Minneapolis. It's good to see that you abated my rage at the delay between episodes. Granted, this episode being uploaded had nothing to do with our conversation, but I prefer blissful ignorance. Also, I enjoyed your black hole joke at Acme. Your subsequent outrage at the audience's lack of response was also entertaining.

It's amazing how this podcast keeps getting better and better. This episode put you guys on top for me. The toliet mack truck Turbo sent me into a laughing fit that forced me to explain myself to passers by of my office. I really thought that once the first mack truck went by that you guys were going to ignore it, so to my delight you came back to it. I definatley heard a poop during one of the toilet flushes? Was that Kyle's mom dropping a duece?

mack toilet flush had me going into convulsions on the train. i'm sure my fellow commuters were scared.

(hi buddy!)

An enjoyable episode! It was hard at times to follow the connection to immortality, but there's no discussion too disjointed to keep me from enjoying the podcast.

I was particularly struck by David's comment about hands before it transitioned back into a consideration of plastic surgery. Derrida wrote a fair amount of shit about the relationship between our hands and our perceptions of the world. It also reminded me of Donna Harraway's Cyborg Manifesto, in that technology has already become an extension to our physical bodies in both overt (via prosthetics) and subtle (via interfaces) ways.

Futhermore, those damn rhymes get me every time.

Hey, eventually we'll figure out how to copy a personality into an invincible Terminator shell, and we'll all live forever as super-robots.

Sign in to follow this