🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — Skyline

Summer is winding down and you have time for one last big-budget action thriller! Sorry, we can't help you with that. Instead we have a meager-budget alien movie without a compelling story, relatable characters, or cool looking aliens. The Brothers Strause have done it again! Skyline is the movie and our guest is Jordan Morris from Jordan, Jesse Go! and All About Steve. The plot is unbelievable, the dialogue is atrocious, Jason is angry, Paul is confused, what more could you want? Jordan talking about his experience on All About Steve? Well you got it!

I'm goin' up into the vagina in the sky / That's where I'm gonna go when I die
'Skygina' is an amazing portmanteau.

I think every scene in this movie could have been dissected and crapped on, but the one that did it for me was at the end when the F-16 got shot out of the sky, tumbled over goatee and grosso, and rammed into the king kong alien, yet they were unscathed. That's when I woke up the neighbors with a seething, "GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fantastic show. Thanks for reminding me about all the stupid stuff I forgot about. (The luggage!)

Also, love the new feature grilling the guest about their How Did This Get Made movie. Please please PLEASE do this with Adam Scott and Torque.
(Or Paul and Adam on Piranha, which I still contend was the greatest movie of 2010).

So good to see JJGo getting so much "mainstream podcast" love lately. Even though nothing about this is remotely mainstream, I don't know what else to call it. Nice work Jordan.

I thought they were taking their brains and putting them into like...empty drone aliens to bring them to life. But of course, I also thought Turk was a rapper, so....

I loved this episode. I think this is one of the best podcasts. And I love how you guys take pictures and put so much work into this show and all the earwolf shows. I just want to thank everyone so much for such awesome stuff.

shit. this was hilarious to istento today. What I'd give to be in that room discussing this shit with you guys. June Diane, I loved your notes, love your face, love you guys. This movie could be shat on for hours!! Thanks guys

Loved the 'All About Steve' discussion at the end. Jason's feelings toward that film are so hilarious. I'm hoping for an 'All About Steve' sequel just so I can hear Jason's reactions about it.

This is the first movie they've done that I absolutely hate. I mean I was violently angry after watching this piece of shit. I remember when I finally thought "Thank GOD they're leaving the apartment . FINALLY!"

Minutes later, "WTF?! We gonna go back in here and yell some more?" And the ending?! Holy shit! Did they run out of money? And they never explained WHY they were doing what they did. Was the goddamn comic book at the end suppose to be telling me that? I HATE this movie!

Great episode! I almost forgive you for making me watch this crap.
FWIW, the version I watched had a shot of the assistant leaving the bathroom with the camera giggling a few minutes before Faison.
Also, you didn't mention the numbers but Wiki says it had a budget of 10 million and grossed 60 million...so a stupid sequel might be in the cards....

I went to the local video store and rented Sucker Punch, All about Steve and Skyline... and just by the gasp of the video store clerk's reaction when I mentioned Skyline I knew I had to watch it first. Wow that was a biggest piece of crap that hollywood ever took on the world. I thought Old Dogs was bad (and it is) but this is worse.... wait I don't know I just remembered Old Dogs was really Crazy. I don't think there has ever been a movie where a human punches and alien to death. If he would have been a boxer a fighter or at least a muscular man that would have made sense but here is a "pizza delivery boy" punching a robotic alien to DEATH.... really, really, come on man!!!!!

Love the podcast, but what was up with the audio in this one? It sounded like someone was shuffling a deck of cards near the mic.

@Jesse Yepez I gasped when I registered that you said 'local video store.' (and I'm not harping on local video stores, their clerks, or any of that, I'm just pointing out that I haven't heard a story about going to a video store in a very long time)

I know it sounds weird but I hate Netflix and red box is always out of dvds and the last movie I went to in the theaters was Woody Allen's "Whatever Works" Because I love L.D. and Woody Allen. So I'm left going to the Local Video Store not bad for $1.25 a night.

I got bored a quarter of the way though and just said fuck it. Next time pick a movie that isn't confined to just one setting for (most of) the entire film.

You have to loath this film.. and the worst part is that it would have taken little to make it bearable or even good.

Its one of those experiences where you wonder why didn't they screen this for human beings and take on board the faults.. ok expense and sometimes being so close to your projects blinkers you.. but you'd have to wonder why no-one pointed out the unlikable characters (esp the actors having to be them) the stupid plot points ( oddly empty building, world wide bed sheet shortage, why being at sea makes you safer, not trying to arm yourselves or scout out your escape routes, highly tactical nukes, etc)

The creatures and ships looked okay enough.. not wholly original (loved how the tanker beasts with their palm pong approach to human collection.. that was fun to see)

I wanted so much to like this film.. but to be fair.. when you cast David Zayas expect the stilted, wooden performance of the year.. god bless the man he's been in some of my favorite shows... and at first i thought that was his accent or his style of performance.. but no.. he really does deliver every line as if its an outtake. Angel Batista is a fun character in the books and on screen he has nothing to do but still his desk is more dynamic in his scenes.

Sign in to follow this