🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 471 - Shy By Nature, Outgoing By Nurture

Jason “Heynong Man” Mantzoukas is back to co-host along Scott on this week’s Comedy Bang! Bang! They’ll chat about why Jason missed out the latest John Wick chapter, who should win that Oscar gold, and their dream team SNL cast made of previous Oscar winners. Then, community activists Tricia R. and Tricia L. stop by to talk about their children leaving the nest to go off to college and to make a desperate plea to their mayor to move the new playground in the center of their cul-de-sac.

I haven't listened yet but this gets my vote for best episode of the year. Thank you for this opportunity and good day.

Sorry that my plugs theme got played twice to all the folks who submitted themes.

Haha, and I'm not sure why I was credited for it. The title Scott mentioned hasn't been downloaded from my SoundCloud page, so the engineers wouldn't even have a copy the track. Fake news!

• Like 2

Haha, and I'm not sure why I was credited for it. The title Scott mentioned hasn't been downloaded from my SoundCloud page, so the engineers wouldn't even have a copy the track. Fake news!

Plugsgate2017

Love your stuff btw

• Like 1

I know this won't be the best audience for this comment, but I just have to say, Jason Mantzoukas has the most annoying Earwolf photo I've ever seen. I can't put my finger in it, but there's something about it that just boils my blood.

Haven't listened yet, just wanted to add my two cents! It might just be that I don't love myself or have ever felt the love of another person. Maybe life just sucks! I don't know, I've had a terrible life, and it's too late for me. Ah well! Come at me dullards!

• Like 12

is it that Jason's eyes look dead but somehow also like they are piercing the very heart of your soul? that's the Jason Mantzoukas signature look

• Like 1

Hey j man dong, just so you know, I got that " pretty sneaking sis" joke ( from the connect four comercial) and that was Fn hilarious.

• Like 3

Great ep. Scott and J-Man are always gold. Great charac segment. I love when the conversation gets weirdly fixated on one inconsequential thing, in this case the mystery of where the Tricias are from.

• Like 1

Nice to know Wookie Mantzoukas and I had similar dumbassery by locking keys in our cars after running out of gas. '89 Honda Civic...

I know this won't be the best audience for this comment, but I just have to say, Jason Mantzoukas has the most annoying Earwolf photo I've ever seen. I can't put my finger in it, but there's something about it that just boils my blood.

Haven't listened yet, just wanted to add my two cents! It might just be that I don't love myself or have ever felt the love of another person. Maybe life just sucks! I don't know, I've had a terrible life, and it's too late for me. Ah well! Come at me dullards!

This is a perfect example of how batshit crazy some of you are. I say a guest's picture is annoying, you imply that I hate myself and I have a terrible life. I hadn't even thought of any of that again until now but it's nice to know that me, a random stranger on the internet, and my slight against a female podcast guest's picture is evidently eating away at you. Do you have a Tumblr page for fans of Kate Berlant? I'd love to join in on the fun.

This is a perfect example of how batshit crazy some of you are. I say a guest's picture is annoying, you imply that I hate myself and I have a terrible life. I hadn't even thought of any of that again until now but it's nice to know that me, a random stranger on the internet, and my slight against a female podcast guest's picture is evidently eating away at you. Do you have a Tumblr page for fans of Kate Berlant? I'd love to join in on the fun.

It's because 1) a guest's appearance and/or headshot have no bearing upon their performance in an audio medium so it is at best a meaningless thing to remark upon, and 2) observations (whether negative or positive) about a guest's physical appearance tend to happen disproportionately more often when that guest is a female.

• Like 6

I agree completely that it has nothing to do with their performance, however the observation also had nothing to do with the fact that the guest was female. Making it all about her gender is actually far more sexist than saying something negative in the first place, which isn't necessarily sexist at all. And in any case, the vitriol from this community towards anyone who says anything negative is far worse than saying a guest's picture is annoying. I do regret saying it, as I've said, however the backlash has been overblown and in some cases just insane.

I shouldn't have been surprised that someone would needlessly bring it up again when Kate Berlant is a guest, but it's times like this that some members in the community here just have me like:

1Hl3O3N.jpg

• Like 1

It really does seem like just having Jason on the show gives Scott extra trouble speaking in coherent sentences. For the record I consider this a plus.

• Like 1

As it pertains to the episode, Jason didn't seem quite as able to paint the guests into a corner the way he's done with others in other episodes. And I think part of that is because John Early is so quick it'd be nearly impossible to do.