🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 105 - Earwolf (w/ Kristen Schaal, Maria Blasucci, Tawny Newsome, Carl Tart)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everybody (including hay eating horses) to Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special return guest is Kristen Schaal of Flight of the Conchords, Bob’s Burgers and The Last Man on Earth! They chat about whether Kristen has ever been arrested, being an undefeated speech and debate champion in school, and how much the concept of the afterlife has changed since she was a child. Paul is then joined by Maria Blasucci, Tawny Newsome, and Carl Tart, to improvise a story set in Earwolf. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

• Like 1

Great timing for this episode to come out the day after an episode of Bob's Burgers that was about debate team.

One of my favorite moments ever from the improviser chats was Blasooch getting fake-mad at Paul asking her about the kitchen, and Eban playing that old stereotypical Italian song.

Does Kristen get in on the action? I'm trying to decide where to prioritize this in my weekly podcast listening.

Does Kristen get in on the action? I'm trying to decide where to prioritize this in my weekly podcast listening.

Kristen leaves after the interview portion, but the improv is fantastic regardless. Blasooch keeps up her SPONT tradition of saying at least one thing so out of left field that Paul completely loses it.

• Like 2

Okay, I gotta know. The lovely new show logo has three atoms circling the PFT nucleus. Ff, Fb, Mw. What do those letters stand for?

Okay, I gotta know. The lovely new show logo has three atoms circling the PFT nucleus. Ff, Fb, Mw. What do those letters stand for?

They represent the Three Buttons: Flash forward, Flash back, and Meanwhile.

I saw the logo on here on Monday morning, and then Paul posted it on Twitter so that it was big enough to see the details, and I was BLOWN AWAY by those. (The colors also match the button colors.)

This was a tremendous ep. Tawny Newsome quickly ascended to SPONT royalty for me, and when you add Munderscore, a very game Carl Tart & a punchy/tired PFT to the mix, it ain't nothin but a good time.

Sign in to follow this