🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

HDTGM Classics vol 2 Season of the Witch

Hey all, just getting ahead of this. We're looking at 8/11 for our next live "posting(?)" I guess at this point we need to figure out what movie we want to watch next. If we're watching these in the order they were released, then we should technically be on Saeson of the Witch (I could have sworn episode 2 was Old Dogs...) However, I'm open to anything - although preferably something not something behind the paywall to accommodate our Howl-less friends.

So, what do you guys want to do? Do we continue chronologically or do we just go with whatever we want?

I know Cake just watched (and would rather not re-watch) Old Dogs. I'm cool with watching it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

If the consensus is Old Dogs, so be it. I have somehow seen it twice now, and it is a movie version of the emotion of hate. It's putrid. But watching it as a group can only make it better. Should we nominate a list of 3-5 that we haven't seen? Are we going right back to the start or can we hop around?

I'm not sure. It would be easiest to go in order BUT we're probably going to hit movies that we've all already seen. Like, if we've already all seen The Last Airbender, I really don't see why we should feel obligated to cover it. So, yeah, I'm totally open to bouncing around.

• Like 1

Here's my list of the first 13 films from the canon that I haven't seen, just to start us off.

Season of the Witch

Last Airbender

Drive Angry

Backup Plan

Skyline

Wicker Man

I Know Who Killed Me

Leprechaun in the Hood

Breaking Dawn

Trespass

88 Minutes

Abduction

Tiptoes

Or, should we go through and nominate a couple that we're actually looking forward to watching, rather than just slogging through stuff we know is going to suck? Were that the case, I might add

No Holds Barred

Staying Alive

Gymkata

Road House (I know!)

Lake Placid

Deep Blue Sea

Hercules in NY

I mean, we could run it like Musical Mondays, and nominate someone to pick for everyone, or maybe even pick three options that we vote on?

• Like 1

In October, can we please do Sleepaway Camp?

Omg yes please I want to watch this as much as possible

• Like 3

It might be easier to just go in the order of the episodes (except for special screenings like Sleepaway Camp in October).

• Like 2

It might be easier to just go in the order of the episodes (except for special screenings like Sleepaway Camp in October).

Easier, yeah, but going through those early ones there's not many that are fun-bad like Burlesque was. I'd hate for this to be a chore if we're slogging through horrible stuff! I'll stop being difficult now. Whatever you guys want to do.

• Like 1

Easier, yeah, but going through those early ones there's not many that are fun-bad like Burlesque was. I'd hate for this to be a chore if we're slogging through horrible stuff! I'll stop being difficult now. Whatever you guys want to do.

I think watching with friends will make the horrible stuff more bearable. Who knows, it could even be fun!

• Like 3

With summer winding down, something about the Wicker Man feels right. Maybe it's because I was just on an intramural team that I named "Not the bees!", or maybe it's just the feeling of the changing season. I think live-posting on this one sounds like fun. I'm just not sure if it's streaming anywhere at present other than on YouTube for $2.99.

Road House is always acceptable in my book, so I'll throw that out as a secondary choice.

Also, I fully support Sleepaway Camp for October. The full film is still on YouTube, where I saw it months ago.

• Like 2

I really like the idea of doing a seasonal thing. Like Jingle all the Way or Deck the Halls at December...

Maybe we should just plan these out a year in advance..?

Ugh! I guess we can't do that due to the dumb pay wall!

• Like 1

Honestly, I vote we ignore which episodes are or are not behind the paywall and just try to watch all the movies. Maybe for now we can coordinate with episodes but I don't want us to all be limited by that.

(I still haven't even re-listened to the Burlesque episode yet)

• Like 2

Honestly, I vote we ignore which episodes are or are not behind the paywall and just try to watch all the movies. Maybe for now we can coordinate with episodes but I don't want us to all be limited by that.

Yeah, I listened to the Burlesque episode (mostly because it was #1 and I was interested in going back) but I quickly got tired of rehashing an episode I'd already heard. In future I'm not going to revisit the episode even if it's in front of the paywall. For me it's more about the movie than the podcast episode.

We could always watch The Phantom and I can point out all of the adaptive inaccuracies in the lore based on my long tenure as a card-carrying teenage member of the Phantom fan club (and owner of a crate of 400 Phantom comics in my parents' shed)...

• Like 4

This is more or less my feeling. So, do you guys want to do seasonal movies for Holidays/Special Events and just go chronologically otherwise?

• Like 2

If this takes off and becomes a regular thing, you should try and get it put in as a Subforum just like the recommendations!

• Like 1

We could always watch The Phantom and I can point out all of the adaptive inaccuracies in the lore based on my long tenure as a card-carrying teenage member of the Phantom fan club (and owner of a crate of 400 Phantom comics in my parents' shed)...

Or we could watch Spice World and I can argue why it's still an actual GOOD MOVIE GDI

• Like 2

If this takes off and becomes a regular thing, you should try and get it put in as a Subforum just like the recommendations!

I mean...it is regular in the sense that this is our 2nd month in a row. I'm not sure we need our own sub forum, though. It might confuse people and I'm sensitive to the fact that we are guests and are only allowed to do these things at the whim of our hosts :)

• Like 2

I mean...it is regular in the sense that this is our 2nd month in a row. I'm not sure we need our own sub forum, though. It might confuse people and I'm sensitive to the fact that we are guests and are only allowed to do these things at the whim of our hosts :)

Agreed, but it would keep these separate from the general forum. If you do all the films, that's a lot more threads. Going to a Subform would be awesome because I think they'd be fun to read through! It would be one spot, and to avoid confusion, you could always have a starting post stating: "These are fan discussions only, and not endorsed by HDTGM. We're a bunch of nerds doing our own simulcast and we are in no way competing with June, Paul and Jason." I say this as more of a spectator rather than someone who will actively participate, but thought it might be worth considering!

• Like 2

Agreed, but it would keep these separate from the general forum. If you do all the films, that's a lot more threads. Going to a Subform would be awesome because I think they'd be fun to read through! It would be one spot, and to avoid confusion, you could always have a starting post stating: "These are fan discussions only, and not endorsed by HDTGM. We're a bunch of nerds doing our own simulcast and we are in no way competing with June, Paul and Jason." I say this as more of a spectator rather than someone who will actively participate, but thought it might be worth considering!

Wait, why wouldn't you actively participate?

• Like 1