🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Ep. 4 Curses Curses Curses! (w/ Jamie Denbo)

Jamie Denbo (Orange is the New Black, Ronna and Beverly) stars in a very explicit new musical about the conflicts between children, their parents, witches and talking horses. Theater-goers will be entranced by such stand-out hits as "Sleepin' With Barbara", "Parenting is Hard" and "Children Are Our Future”, but never forget that ponies are also the future, the future for horses.

• Like 1

Jamie Denbo took Zach and Jess to a place on a whole other level this week. And I'd add that if someone was to animate these musicals, it would be mind-blowing.

• Like 7

Updated to the modern Playbill look, and included Scott in the credits (as I always should have, sorry Scott :()

Jamie was an outstanding singer, and Little Fucking Bitches had me in stitches.

Zqv9UqH.png

CURSES CURSES CURSES!

Book and Lyrics by Jessica McKenna, Zach Reino and Jamie Denbo

Music by Scott Passarella

Act I

“F!” - Alice, Chet, Denise

“Little Fucking Bitches” - The Veronica Vanessa’s

“Sleepin’ With Barbara” - Mr. Mayhew, Alice

“Jews (Interlude)” - Vanessa Veronica, Stefan

“Self Hater (Interlude)” - Veronica Vanessa

“Parenting Is Hard” - Vanessa Veronica, Stefan, Alice

Act II

“Dumb-Dumbs (Doing Your Best)” - Alice, Veronica Vanessa, Stefan

“Children Are Our Future” - Barbara, Mr. Mayhew, Alice

“Ponies (And Also Glue) Are Our Future (Interlude)” - Alice, Black Lightning

“Reno” - Black Lightning, Frank

“That’s Being A Parent (Fucked You Up)” - Alice, Denise, Fish Market Worker

“Brains (Interlude)” - Chet

“Curse Curse Curse (Finale)” - Chorus

• Like 15

I didn't know what to expect with this entire podcast. But it is seriously the best. Good move by Earwolf.

• Like 3

Jamie Denbo took Zach and Jess to a place on a whole other level this week. And I'd add that if someone was to animate these musicals, it would be mind-blowing.

Holy F! That is an amazing idea! I would watch that a million times!

• Like 4

Great ep! The previous guests, great as they were, seemed more hesitant to jump in during the songs. Jamie was all in from the beginning.

• Like 4

The second listen of the episode is twice as funny because you can hear Jamie's daughter laughing at her mom swearing.

• Like 4

The second listen of the episode is twice as funny because you can hear Jamie's daughter laughing at her mom swearing.

Also, someone laughed really loud off-mic at one point, and I totally thought it was PFT for a minute (though I think it was probably Scott).

This episode took me almost two hours to listen to because I kept rewinding to hear the funny parts again...and it's all funny parts. "Reno" was by far my favorite song. It's so silly, and everything leading into it is just craziness.

Zach really just destroyed in this ep.

• Like 4

I love this podcast so much. I keep re-listening to all the eps and can't wait for more!

I'd really love the Solo Bolo crew (Scotty Aucks & Benny Schwaz) to be guests at some point

Also, someone laughed really loud off-mic at one point, and I totally thought it was PFT for a minute (though I think it was probably Scott).

I was kind of thinking it was PFT too...but think you're right.

• Like 6

My favorite part of this awesome, hilarious podcast is when Zach messes up a detail of the narrative (like saying Monterey when the setting has shifted to Seattle) or states something factually incorrect (like Chipotle having an "assortment of cheese"), and Jess feels obligated to correct him.

I think it's happened at least once in each ep so far and it's hysterical every time.

Also I'm crushing hard on Zach. He's adorable.

• Like 4

"Sleepin With Barbara" was transcendent.

I love this podcast.

• Like 5

My favorite part of this awesome, hilarious podcast is when Zach messes up a detail of the narrative (like saying Monterey when the setting has shifted to Seattle) or states something factually incorrect (like Chipotle having an "assortment of cheese"), and Jess feels obligated to correct him.

I think it's happened at least once in each ep so far and it's hysterical every time.

Also I'm crushing hard on Zach. He's adorable.

The one where Zach got the character name wrong killed me.

But I totally agree. I love that Jess can't help but correct him and watch him try to work his way out of it.

• Like 3

"Ponies are the future!"

also, boring pedant note about james bonding ad, that was the mission impossible theme jess i won't tell matt or matt

• Like 4

Holy F! That is an amazing idea! I would watch that a million times!

If someone was going to start with a single number, "Sleeping With Barbara" would be the place to do it.

• Like 4

i've got good news and weird news...

and then chet's song.

lol holy shit so good.

• Like 4

The one where Zach got the character name wrong killed me.

But I totally agree. I love that Jess can't help but correct him and watch him try to work his way out of it.

The Dieter/Gunter one, that was so great.

2nd half of Curses Curses Curses is legit bonkers.

• Like 3