🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 504 - The Bigger the Percent the Better

On a very special episode of Comedy Bang! Bang!, Scott is in conversation with actor and comedian Brett Gelman of iBrain, Twin Peaks, and Mad Men fame for the entire show. They put their past tensions aside as they discuss the themes and messages that reside in Brett’s new film “Lemon” which he co-wrote and stars in alongside a star-studded cast. Plus, Brett reads a hand-written letter addressed to him from his close friend Hillary Clinton.

A Schwartz-less Solo Bolo? Et tu, Choctaw?!

Color doesn't exist, Scott. Color is what our brains interpret it as, but nobody knows what somebody else sees as a color. My blue might look like your green, but we would never know. We just assign a name to what we see, but color is a concept. Color doesn't exist! *deep breath* Man, this topic always warps me. Thanks Brett for bringing it up.

• Like 1

remember where you were on this day. the first of presumably one Solo BreGolo

This episode... was frustrating.

I don't typically like episodes (CBB or other) like this, but this one hit me just right. I think it's because Scott is just so damn good in the antagonistic role, mainly because the stuff he comes up with is so insane. Like when he said that Brett wouldn't tell a dance troupe that he didn't like the way they "twist and turn", and then got Brett to defend that specific choice of words even though he came up with it.

(And Scott's nearly silent call-back to the West Wing "Jackal" scene was amazing.)

• Like 3

This episode... was frustrating.

Totally - it was making me so tense, I had to stop listening half way through. Not my type of humor I guess.

• Like 1

But... Just to be clear, this movie is based on the U2 song and music video "Lemon" featuring Bono's alter ego MacPhisto? If so, I'll see you on opening night, Brett baby.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/brett-gelman-net-worth/

I'm about 30 mins in. So far, the antagonism definitely feels insincere.

For newer listeners, Bret did this bit ON THE FUCKING RADIO:

I still think it's one of the most brilliant send-ups of freshman creative writing I've ever heard. Good to see that Scott has rescinded the ban. Must have something to do with Brett being number one on a call-sheet.

• Like 3

https://www.celebrit...lman-net-worth/

I'm about 30 mins in. So far, the antagonism definitely feels insincere.

For newer listeners, Bret did this bit ON THE FUCKING RADIO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtV80ZdpTY0

I still think it's one of the most brilliant send-ups of freshman creative writing I've ever heard. Good to see that Scott has rescinded the ban. Must have something to do with Brett being number one on a call-sheet.

Honestly, I thought the Hillary letter was going to go the way of iBrain and get really insane.

I would like to see this episode filmed Frost-Nixon style.

• Like 4

Does anyone get the sense that something was cut out at the end of the first segment? It seemed like Scott throwing to the break was recorded separately and was pretty sudden. Also, at the end when Scott mentioned Brett had talked about slaves, maybe I zoned out or missed a bit because I listened in two stints, but I didn't remember that coming up.

Anyway, I enjoyed this. I love when Scott is in this kind of mood and just tries to get a rise out of someone. I wonder how much that movie cost...

This episode left me overwhelmed with sympathy for Kulap

I imagine Scott trolls his wife like this all the time until she starts yelling and he starts laughing.

I don't typically like episodes (CBB or other) like this, but this one hit me just right. I think it's because Scott is just so damn good in the antagonistic role, mainly because the stuff he comes up with is so insane. Like when he said that Brett wouldn't tell a dance troupe that he didn't like the way they "twist and turn", and then got Brett to defend that specific choice of words even though he came up with it.

(And Scott's nearly silent call-back to the West Wing "Jackal" scene was amazing.)

I still enjoyed it! It was like a funny Bill O'Reilly interviewing a funny Bernie Sanders. Just badgering the hell out of each other.

• Like 1

Does anyone get the sense that something was cut out at the end of the first segment? It seemed like Scott throwing to the break was recorded separately and was pretty sudden. Also, at the end when Scott mentioned Brett had talked about slaves, maybe I zoned out or missed a bit because I listened in two stints, but I didn't remember that coming up.

Anyway, I enjoyed this. I love when Scott is in this kind of mood and just tries to get a rise out of someone. I wonder how much that movie cost...

I did hear something actually, like a little blip or something.

"I'm getting an "I don't like you" vibe. Anyone else?? "

That's their style. They pretend to hate each other. Scott has "banned" Brett from the show after they've gotten in fake heated arguments.

"

"I'm getting an "I don't like you" vibe. Anyone else?? "

That's their style. They pretend to hate each other. Scott has "banned" Brett from the show after they've gotten in fake heated arguments.

"

just putting this out there: the initial commenter was likely being "sarcastic" or possibly using "irony" -- so it's likely that the words he or she wrote were intended to have a different meaning than the literal meaning of those words.

ps, i enjoy the civil dialog that we can have on this site.

Sign in to follow this