🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Homework: Top Gun (1986) vs. Minority Report (2002)

Next week, Amy will be joined by Tom Reimann and Abe Epperson of Cracked Movie Club for a Tom Cruise head-to-head: Top Gun vs. Minority Report

Top Gun is available to view on Amazon here: http://a.co/fZGh3R3

and on YouTube here:

Minority Report is available to view on Amazon here: http://a.co/0cRZ1Bn

and on YouTube here:

And didn't we already do Mission Impossible?

Yeah. Maybe Tom and Abe brought these movies for discussion and didn't know there was already a MI episode.

Sorry everyone! Made a mistake! We have done Mission Impossible. Next week will be Top Gun vs. Minority Report.

Albert Brooks' Real Life will be in September.

Sorry everyone! Made a mistake! We have done Mission Impossible. Next week will be Top Gun vs. Minority Report.

Albert Brooks' Real Life will be in September.

After owning up to your mistake I think you've earned the title Forum Man.

• Like 1

Interesting matchup, Top Gun has had way more cultural impact but Minority Report is the better movie.

I really enjoyed Spielberg's Minority Report at the time, but after reading PKD's "The Minority Report" I'm incapable of respecting the story. The decision made at the end MAKES NO SENSE, and the whole thing is really just a refusal to grapple with the issue PKD did in favor of making a conventional action movie (which it's a fairly good example of).

I think it was the first thing I saw Samantha Morton in. After seeing her mute performance in "Sweet and Lowdown", I'm now curious to hear the voice recordings she made for Spike Jonze's "Her" before Scarlett Johannson redid them.

Top Gun, oh Jesus Christ, what a terrible terrible film.

It's especially Infuriating since its shelf life is somehow viewed as immortal.

Sign in to follow this