🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Joe McGurl

Survivor Season 35: Megathread

Alriiiight, you guys ready to get to Season 35 of Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers!?

What an awful name for a season but hey, Survivor is back this coming Wednesday and that means it's time to start picking our fantasy teams! Once again this year teams may be picked before OR after the premiere. The catch being that if you pick a team after the episode airs, any points a castaway accumulates during the premiere will NOT count towards your final total whereas choosing your team beforehand will earn you full points. -- It's a high risk/reward game.

Last season, SaltPeanuts proved to be a GAMECHANGER and smashed everyone in the fantasy league, running away with the lead in week 4 and holding tight all the way through. Time to see if someone new will hustle their way up to the top and claim the mantle of sole fantasy league Survivor!

As always, I will keep the leaderboard updated on the google doc and here in the thread.

Here is the link to the scoring sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

And the spreadsheet where the scores are kept: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I'll post the template to pick your squad in a seperate post below. Good luck and have fun! Let's hope this season is a good'un!

PRE-PREMIERE PICK RESOURCES:

If you're looking to choose your team pre-premiere here is a link to a video of Probst assessing the cast that you can get some impressions from and draw conclusions based off personalities as well as a playlist with full in-depth castaway interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QyHFsHq-xA

http://www.youtube.c...FgKLSiCk7zEG5Cm

And here is a page with interviews for every contestant and a Reddit link with a slew of pre game interviews and clips.

http://ew.com/tv/sur...lers-v-hustlers

https://www.reddit.c...5/pregame_links

• Like 6

Here is your form to pick your team!

Challenge Beast: Someone who will prove his or her challenge prowess.

The Strategist: Player who will show the greatest strategic aptitude.

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: This is a female player who might be underrated or not so front-of-mind and can therefore strategically sneak and blindside her way to the top.

The Cutthroat: A player who will set out aiming to lie, cheat and steal their way to the million dollar prize no matter what it costs.

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: A player who will play the less strategic "old school survivor" mindset or someone who will be unwavering in their loyalty to their alliance.

Under The Radar: Someone entering Survivor aiming to play an undetectable game.

Wildcard: A player who is completely unpredictable in the game

Bench Player: A bonus player you like or think will earn you points.

Final 3 Prediction: The 3 players who will make it to the final.

Winner Pick: The player who will win this season.

• Like 5

Challenge Beast: Ben

The Strategist: Ali

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Ashley

The Cutthroat: Ryan

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Chrissy

Under The Radar: Devon

Wildcard: Joe

Bench Player: Alan

Final 3 Prediction: Ryan, Joe, Ashley

Winner Pick: Ashley

my team name is the Calabasas Masterclasses

thanks Joe!

• Like 6

Challenge Beast: JP i think pro athletes weirdly tend to be a little lazy on survivor or possibly they just have so much muscle they don't have the fuel they need to keep it all going, but a big firefighter guy is probably going to want to give his all for the team

The Strategist: Dr Mike only because he's basically going to have to be a good strategist if he wants to stay in the game

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Desi not just for the obvious dumb joke reason but idk i kind of got this sense in the video i watched

The Cutthroat: Joe i never trust a PO

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Devon

Under The Radar: Chrissy idk no real reason

Wildcard: Ryan this dude looks like a little imp like my man Jericho in Survivor AU

Bench Player: Jessica this babe looks like she could eat my lunch and hell i could use to skip a meal hehe

Final 3 Prediction: Ryan. Desi. Roark.

Winner Pick: Roark but you may ask, why Roark, greggy? here's why: AeKldyR.png roark is the one representing me and my ideals/beliefs. she has what it takes to win this thing. gotta go with the podcast listener baby

• Like 8

As always, I leave my fate in the hands of RANDOM.ORG. Praise be to RNGesus.

Challenge Beast: Ryan

Strategist: Joe

Black Widow: Alan

Cutthroat: Mike

Old Schooler: Katrina

Under the Radar: Desi

Wildcard: Devon

Bench: Ali

F3: Jessica, JP, Chrissy

Winner: Roark

• Like 5

Here are my Hookers, Handjobbers and Hussies

Challenge Beast: Cole. This dude is like the hunkiest hunk I've ever seen

The Strategist: Chrissy. This lady has it going on and I think a lot of people are going to underestimate her.

The Black Widow: Jessica. She compared herself to Andrea and I like Andrea and she's cute to boot so sure

The Cutthroat: Patrick. Never trust a ginger

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Alan. Athletic, seems sharp, affable. V well rounded but seems like a dude that will form an alliance day 1 and just be ride or die to the end with it.

Under The Radar: Desi. Hachi machi! What a mega babe! She seems TOO good so I'm sure she'll be first out.

Wildcard: Ryan. What is this little freak up to?! I get the feeling he might flame out quickly but here's hoping he runs deep!

Bench Player: Ben

Final 3 Prediction: Chrissy, Alan, Roark

Winner Pick: Chrissy

• Like 5

As always, I leave my fate in the hands of RANDOM.ORG. Praise be to RNGesus.

Challenge Beast: Ryan

Strategist: Joe

Black Widow: Alan

Cutthroat: Mike

Old Schooler: Katrina

Under the Radar: Desi

Wildcard: Devon

Bench: Ali

F3: Jessica, JP, Chrissy

Winner: Roark

Mah dude, winner pick has GOTSTA be from your F3.

• Like 2

It's 2017 and Jeff Probst has had enough of the nerds and awkwards dominating Survivor storylines. The Davids and Cochrans and Aubreys and Adams and Hannahs. So I'm predicting a season dominated by the bigger players. The alpha girls and guys getting our friend Probst all hot and bothered in the challenges. He's been such a good boy ---- he deserves this !

Here are my picks which you know will be very good and right and I definitely won't be in last place again:

Challenge Beast: JP

The Strategist: Roarke

The Black Widow: Desi

The Cutthroat: Ali

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Chrissy

Under The Radar: Alan

Wildcard: Ryan

Bench Player: Devon

Final 3 Prediction: Katrina, Alan, JP

Winner Pick: JP

• Like 6

Mah dude, winner pick has GOTSTA be from your F3.

I'll change my winner to JP then, I can't get rid of him.

JJPI without JP is just a Jack Investigator without his Johnson Private.

• Like 6

Challenge Beast: Patrick

The Strategist: Joe

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Jessica

The Cutthroat: Ben

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Mike

Under The Radar: Lauren

Wildcard: Ryan

Bench Player: JP

Final 3 Prediction: Ryan, Mike, Lauren

Winner Pick: Ryan

and just a heads up guys, I didn't come here to make friends.

• Like 5

JJPI without JP is just a Jack Investigator without his Johnson Private.

LOL

Also .... JP = Jeff Probst, so there's also that, just sayin'

• Like 5

Wow, really called that one. Good job to me.

Yep. Expected a Woo but instead got a J'Tia. Love me those crazy eyes

• Like 3

ok i dont plan on making a big production of notes this season but if i see a prime gif i gotta go for it you know?

watching jeff probst break down the shitty theme for this season made my skin crawl

kzXh1c9.gif

dr mike immediately being bullied, as well he should be if we're being honest

S9o0rP6.gif

oh hell yeah ryan got that advantage, what a fun super idol

lol alan wtf. could be a good way to sneakily see dicks though and if thats the case the man should have been on hustler tribe

oh its really cool the producers gave the idol to her in secret just by dropping it in her bag without saying anything, like maybe thats bullshit but a fun detail

RIP the advantage, would love to see a return of that one

alan was a fun character on this ep, wish i had picked him up somewhere on the team.

PRO ep on the PROBST scale, little bit boring tbh

• Like 7

are the google doc links broken?

Oh oops! Here are the links!

Score sheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mq_S-wQiOvys-7SDBQPivTcKmt51m2gcIE77Tb2h7OQ/edit?usp=sharing

Scores table:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xBhrJWdkWAiekwoeQlgihFYOaTVKjSvWJR7tIw9RopE/edit?usp=sharing

WEEK 1 Leaderboard!

JJPI - 74 points

Joe - 73 points

Greggy - 71 points

Marshall Mellow - 68 points

Charlie - 67 points

SaltPeanuts - 66 points

• Like 5

"through wilderness training and rock climbing, its second nature for me to enable people and help them accomplish their goals" is one of the most bullshit things anyone has ever said that has actually managed to touch me with its sincerity, good job cole

i cant wait for these tribes to be merged/made in to 2 tribes, i hate hearing jeff calling the tribes hustlers and heros and healers

1Rq5v61.gif

cool snakes

wow 2 weeks in and my winner pick is still in the game, i think this beats my score last season

PROB ep i guess, the idol stuff early on was fun

• Like 7

WEEK 2 LEADERBOARD!

Joe - 130 points (+1)

Greggy - 127 points (+1)

Charlie - 120 points (+2)

JJPI - 117 points (-3)

SaltPeanuts - 115 points (+1)

Marshall Mellow - 112 points (-2)

My girl Chrissy holding shit down at Hero beach! Also, I hope this season starts to pick up cuzzzzzzzzz it's not BAD but shoot...it's not very exciting

• Like 4

Chrissy doing real well Joe -- she's going at least far enough to meet Ryan so he can finally tell her about how he saved her with his idol and how he is in fact a Hero not a hustler or whatever it is he is imagining will happen lol.

Here's hoping that JP gets his head in the game cuz I need them points !

• Like 4

WEEK 3 LEADERBOARD!

Joe - 190 points (-)

Greggy - 182 points (-)

SaltPeanuts- 170 points (+2)

Charlie - 117 points (-1)

JJPI - 152 points (-2)

Marshall Mellow - 149 points (-)

So Patrick....safe to say one of THE DUMBEST Survivor players of all time? Apparently knew Ali before the show, good around camp, strong in challenges and STILL managed to get voted out. What a dope!!! I'm liking the editing this season. I really thought there was no chance Pat was going home and the vote surprised me! Digging how much camp life and socializing we're getting to see. Still nothing super exciting but I am enjoying the season.

• Like 3

is Survivor movies? "It's better than a movie." -my man Joe

even though he voted out my other man Alan I think we all knew that was coming

Good stuff

• Like 2

ALAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!! Gone too soon! Great tribe swap though! Things are starting to pick up a bit now and I'm looking forward to the Chrissy and Ryan teamup. Joe is a madman. I love it.

WEEK 4 LEADERBOARD!

Joe - 249 points (-)

Greggy - 247 points (-)

SaltPeanuts- 242 points (-)

Charlie - 215 points (-)

JJPI - 195 points (-)

Marshall Mellow - 185 points (-)

No shake ups this week but losing Patrick and Alan back to back is probably gonna fuck my team up now. Peanuts had a monster week, racking up 72 points!! Someone form an alliance with me to blindside Greggy and Peanuts, I have a hidden immunity idol and we can become a #powercouple

• Like 4

WEEK 5 LEADERBOARD!

Joe - 307 points (-)

Greggy - 307 points (+1)

SaltPeanuts- 307 points (+2)

Charlie - 273 points (-)

JJPI - 249 points (-)

Marshall Mellow - 206 points (-)

3 way tie for 1st! OOOOOOOOOH BOY THINGS ARE HEATING UP HERE

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this